Choose style:

Author Topic: Loss of DNS and DHCP on R069 and R069cb after browsing to a local host  (Read 2374 times)

Offline dmwyatt

• Beta Testers
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
I had something very odd happen multiple times last night.  With R069 installed, I attempted to manage my hardwired VOIP device by typing its host name in the browser only to have the connection attempt time out. I scratched my head for a moment then switched to another tab to do something else only to have that tab time out as well. I hit the diagnose button on the browser screen and was told there was no DNS server found. I rebooted the router and that did not fix the issue -- likewise with rebooting the PC. However, now my PC, plugged directly into the router,  had an auto-config address.  I then did a hardware reset on the Almond+ and then I could obtain an address.

I reloaded my configuration file and everything appeared to be normal until I once again tried to access my VOIP device. The same thing happened. After a reset and another reload I attempted to access the configuration page on my wireless network printer only to have the problems repeat as before.  I thought R069cb might contain a fix so I uploaded the new binary only to have the problems recur again and again.   I reset and reloaded on last time before I had to quit because of being on call.  After that settings upload, the router didn't want to work at all until I removed the power for a complete reboot. I will play again some more tonight and see if I can find any more clues, but thought I would inform you now in the event the developers wanted to dig into it.  Please let me know if there is any specific testing you would like me to do.

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 24 queries.

bottleneck