bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Almond does not see wifi network  (Read 3756 times)

Offline Sue

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Almond does not see wifi network
« on: January 18, 2014, 12:54:29 pm »
I have a Netgear modem supplied by Time Warner, with wifi that does not reach throughout the house. I bought Almond to use as a repeater. The first Almond did not see my network (only network in the area). After support phone calls, a new Almond was sent to me. New Almond sees no network, just like the first. I have run through the same troubleshooting as with the first -- reset both modem and almond, check upgrade, etc. No joy. Any help appreciated.

Acer laptop and Kindle see the network throughout house, altho signal not strong enough away from modem. I have tried setting up the Almond one foot from the Netgear modem, and it does not see the network.

Whether using the wizard or manual set-up, the "choose network" screen shows no network at all.

Essoh

Re: Almond does not see wifi network
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 07:02:37 pm »
I am not sure if this idea will help but,

I think before everything you may try to use almond somewhere else.

I mean a place where there are lots of WiFi (in office, in a friend place etc.)

That will help to know if it is only your Netgear WiFi Almond does not see. It can be a new clue while recontacting the support.

Offline Sue

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Almond does not see wifi network
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 07:33:11 pm »
Thanks for the reply.

I have set up a Netgear repeater to the Netgear modem. It does not connect well, but it does connect, and the Almond sees that extension of my wifi. However, because the repeater is poorly connected, the Almond doesn't give me the connection I need for streaming, etc.

My final idea has been to ethernet the Almond to the Netgear modem, then use the Netgear repeater to the Almond. The Netgear repeater now reaches the other parts of the house. That is currently working at enough speed for the Kindle to stream a movie.

I would still like to have the Almond function as a simple repeater, located in another room. I suppose I might have been smarter to buy a better modem and not depend on the TWC rental Netgear modem. I feel like I'm getting caught up in a bunch of jerry-rigged work-arounds that shouldn't be necessary.

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 17 queries.

bottleneck