Choose style:

Author Topic: tested Linear GD00Z-4 Garage Door Controller  (Read 7551 times)

Offline Baldo

• Chestnut
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
tested Linear GD00Z-4 Garage Door Controller
« on: January 28, 2015, 07:21:16 am »
Tested this device and it connected up but only as an unsupported device. kind of figured this would happen. Hopefully this will be included in the software somewhere down the road.

LGNilsson

Re: tested Linear GD00Z-4 Garage Door Controller
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 09:07:37 am »
It will be supported, we have units to test and we've talked to them and they've said they'll help if we have any problems with the integration.

Offline bthompso2001

• Beta Testers
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2015, 09:02:42 pm »
I've installed this device in my garage today too.  Looking forward to it being integrated.  Thanks in advance Securifi!

Offline khdaze

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2015, 01:51:57 pm »
This may sound like a silly question, but are the Iris branded and Linear branded z-wave controllers identical?

I know they're both made by Linear, but I need to determine whether or not to hold onto hope that this will eventually work with my Almond+.  From what I've read, this uses a proprietary HA protocol.

Offline Baldo

• Chestnut
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2015, 06:40:23 pm »
From what I understand from the Linear Rep I traded emails with regarding these, they are the same. I just didn't want any IRIS products on my system.

LGNilsson

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2015, 12:37:06 am »
We have both, just in case.

Offline Neel737

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2015, 02:47:25 am »
Linear FS20Z-1 and Evolve LFM-20 are two other popular devices in the same category.

LGNilsson

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2015, 03:00:21 am »
Sorry, don't want to be rude, but they're not exactly in the same category. The GD00Z-4 is an actual garage door opener that supports the Z-Wave garage door opener device class.
I know we're looking at adding support for the switches you mentioned though.

Offline Neel737

• Backer
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2015, 10:15:38 pm »
Sorry, don't want to be rude, but they're not exactly in the same category. The GD00Z-4 is an actual garage door opener that supports the Z-Wave garage door opener device class.
I know we're looking at adding support for the switches you mentioned though.

Pardon my ignorance regarding different z-wave classes. By same category, I meant to say that those relays (basically switches from AP+ perspective I guess) are primarily used as Garage Door Openers by the HA community. Either a Tilt sensor or a Door/Window sensor helps determine the status of the Garage Door. BTW, I tested "Ecolink Z-Wave Wireless Tilt Sensor - ECO-TILT-US"  with A+ and enrolled it as "Other" type. Binary value "True/False" nicely reflects the actual status of the Garage Door.
As soon as Linear FS20Z-1 is supported by A+ , I can move the Garage Door Automation from Vera.
Next stop, EVL-3 support hence the DSC/Ademco alarm integration - then Vera can retire gracefully :-)

Thanks Lars for the glimmer of hope that you are actively working to support the aforementioned devices.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 10:54:12 am by Neel737 »

LGNilsson

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2015, 12:11:43 am »
Tilt sensors should already be supported, are you sure you didn't get an option to select it as that?

Offline Neel737

• Backer
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2015, 11:02:06 am »
Tilt sensors should already be supported, are you sure you didn't get an option to select it as that?

Yea, I remember getting several options during enrollment - but for whatever reason I selected "Other" and still it worked nicely. Sorry, I was not clear on that. After removing from A+, I put it back to Vera. Whenever I get the good news that the Linear FS20Z-1 is supported, I will surely enroll the tilt sensor and the relay in it's proper classes. Thanks again.

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 18 queries.

bottleneck