Choose style:

Author Topic: GE vs Cree review (external link)  (Read 6300 times)

Offline fillibar

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: GE vs Cree review (external link)
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2015, 06:06:21 am »
That was the exact article I saw before I asked people's impressions in the forum. I figured I wanted more "real use" opinions.

They "slightly" preferred the Cree it appears... with comments about color, directionality of light, and weight of the bulb (Cree is substantially lighter).

In my case:
  • I already own a few GE bulbs
  • My wife likes the color (I prefer less yellow but color in the house is my wife's domain)
  • Directionality is useful to me as most of our fixtures are directional in the first place
  • Weight is irrelevant as I almost never move a bulb

But if there appears to be substantial benefits... I would look at getting Cree bulbs in the future.
Almond 3 mesh handling the home.

Offline mparadis

• Backer
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2015, 09:37:51 am »
Thanks!

Offline dbuttke

• Backer
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2015, 01:44:21 pm »
Sounds like I would prefer the cree due to the light coming down vs the GE just because of the lamps I have.
I went to get one yesterday and couldn't find it in the store.  I assumed they were sold out,  but the website shoes them in Stock so I'll have to go in and ask for help next time.

LGNilsson

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2015, 10:40:59 pm »
I haven't seen the Cree in person, but having the GE bulb and comparing it to the WeMo and Lux bulbs, I much prefer the latter as they have better diffusion and they use opaque covers. I've never been keen on clear incandescent bulbs either for that matter. That said, this is very much a personal preference thing and the GE bulbs feel a bit brighter due to the clear cover.

Offline mparadis

• Backer
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2015, 10:43:54 pm »
It would seem to me that the Cree's cost to build might be a little lower than GE's simply because of that very thick glass dome. That being said, mine are in a ceiling fan where the bulbs are clearly visible and I would much prefer seeing the glass domes versus seeing the strangely vented plastic covers offered by Cree. I don't use many bulbs because I prefer switches but I may try the Cree's at some point as well if I can find a good installation point.

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 21 queries.