Choose style:

Author Topic: Arlo Security Cameras  (Read 4043 times)

Offline Blueiris8

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Arlo Security Cameras
« on: February 06, 2015, 10:05:40 pm »
Curious if anyone has tried out the Arlo Security cameras?  Interested in the completely wire-free style, but concerned the battery life would be so short that it would be pointless.

https://www.arlo.com

LGNilsson

Re: Arlo Security Cameras
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 10:15:17 pm »
I'd suggest reading the Amazon reviews. It seems to be a mixed bag. Interesting concept though.

Offline Blueiris8

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2015, 10:25:32 pm »
I've read through the reviews, but I was hoping someone here had used so I could ask questions and for reason I feel like I would get better info from people here.  I backed Blink on Kickstarter which is very similar, but is indoor only.

LGNilsson

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2015, 10:31:40 pm »
I don't think Blink is quite the same, as they have their own IC, whereas I'm pretty sure Netgear is using something "off the shelf" and just tuned it to be mostly off.
Blink seems to have designed their hardware from the ground up to be low power, whereas this simply turns everything off until there's a motion. This also means that the Netgear hardware will run out of power really quick if there's a lot of things going on.
I'm not trying to knock them and the ease of placement/installation is great, but I don't believe current technology is quite there as yet for something like this.

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 20 queries.

bottleneck