Choose style:

Author Topic: Fibaro dimmer support? (Universal 500W Dimmer)  (Read 8635 times)

Offline uchuff

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Fibaro dimmer support? (Universal 500W Dimmer)
« on: July 16, 2014, 07:19:07 am »
As the Almonds are now shipping I thought I'd start buying some sensors. Here in the UK there doesn't seem to be a massive amount of choice, however these Fibaro dimmers seem well regarded:

http://www.vesternet.com/z-wave-fibaro-universal-dimmer

I particularly like the way one dimmer can have a second switch to directly control another dimmer, meaning I can hopefully get "free" two way switching in our lounge/dining area without having to run any additional cables. Currently one set of lights is controlled by one switch at one end of the room and another set by another switch at the other end.

I appreciate it's not on the supported list, however I was wondering if anyone knows if these work (or conversely if they are unlikely to work). If not no worries, will likely buy a couple once my Almond+ has shipped and report back my findings.

Offline cputoaster

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Fibaro dimmer support? (Universal 500W Dimmer)
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 09:12:37 am »
btw, this one here http://www.visionsecurity.com.tw/ha_products_page2_154_195.html also works on 220v if you ask them nicely ;-). even scales up to 600w in that case... I use it with some simple plug converters.

LGNilsson

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 09:23:20 am »
We already have one with the software team and support will be added in the coming weeks.

Offline uchuff

• Backer
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2015, 11:24:33 am »
I thought I'd check back and see if this was still a sensor you intend to support? I saw the recent beta firmware includes new home automation functions so thought it might be about time to open my Almond+ but don't see the above dimmer on the supported list so I thought I'd check.

More here.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 11:26:13 am by uchuff »

LGNilsson

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2015, 11:01:22 pm »
I don't have one, so I can't test it. If anyone has one, please test and report back.

Offline uchuff

• Backer
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2015, 05:25:19 pm »
No problem. I'm a ZWave newbie but happy learning & tinkering so have been trying to read up, I think I'll grab a couple of dimmers and a (non Fibaro) certified power socket and see how I get on.

To get them working as I'd like there are a couple of things I'd ideally need to be able to do with on the Almond+, I wasn't quite sure what was possible currently/soon:

1) Set parameters on modules using the Almond+? I see mention of it for things like configuring how the dimmer works, for example one I'm likely to want to use as a relay only rather than a dimmer, that requires setting parameter 14 to 1 ("Toggle").

2) Associate the second switch position of the dimmer with another module, this is done by associating the devices as group 2.

LGNilsson

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2015, 01:20:41 am »
Right now we don't have an option to set parameters on Z-Wave devices. It's planned, but it's not something that's going to happen for a while.
I have no idea how you'd associate a device with another device, it's something that only Fibaro seems to be doing as far as I can tell and it's not something I think we'll ever support, but I honestly don't know.

Offline uchuff

• Backer
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2015, 06:19:29 am »
Thanks for the reply Lars. That's a shame but will keep an eye on updates, I primarily backed Almond+ for the home automation controller features so at the moment it's still in it's box.

Regarding the associations, it's possible I used the wrong terminology, this page shows how Vera, Home Center and Zipabox handle it.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 06:30:35 am by uchuff »

LGNilsson

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2015, 11:57:05 pm »
Thanks for the link. It's not a mandatory Z-Wave feature and I don't think it's something we've integrated.
Beyond use cases like 3-way switches/dimmers, I don't see much use for it, as we have enough processing power that we won't experiencing the kind of slow downs described in the link when we have sensors communicating with each other.

Offline uchuff

• Backer
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2015, 11:48:38 am »
Understood. I see a Razberry in my future. Thank you for responding so quickly, will keep an eye on future developments.

Offline psixilambda

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2015, 06:20:23 am »
Hello everybody,

I have the Fibaro dimmer installed: Specifically the FGD211. Works like a charm. Reports as Multilevel Power switch.

Setting associations or custom parameters is a no go however.

Regards Alex

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 19 queries.