bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Primary/Secondary Controller  (Read 5886 times)

Offline jamenlang

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Primary/Secondary Controller
« on: March 02, 2015, 12:36:44 pm »
I saw in another post that the almond is requried to act as a primary or secondary controller to be z-wave certified. I've wanted to use it with my 2gig panel through Vivint since I backed the almond plus on kickstarter. I found a 'learn controlller' option on my 2gig. I tried to pair it. pairing says it was unsuccessful, however I am now able to view and control all of my z-wave hardware through both the almond and Vivint interfaces. This is fantastic because If my internet is down and i need to powercycle my dsl modem i can do that through vivint.

The almond has 0 indication that there is another controller, and the 2gig has 0 indication that there is another controller, but they both work.
3x Cree connected bulbs - mostly working, some toggle failures using the app; Monoprice PIR - working, waiting for temperature rules;  Trane Thermostat - working; Linear T500Z - working; 3x GE outlets - working; Aeon G2 micro switch, working.

Offline mparadis

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Primary/Secondary Controller
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 04:58:24 pm »
That is very interesting I had not heard of this working elsewhere. I know they planned on adding secondary controller support eventually but I'm not sure that what you are describing is the almond as a secondary controller or the 2gig panel.

Offline Automate

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 07:12:39 pm »

Offline Oendaril

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2015, 11:08:42 pm »
Do you also have locks or any other secure class z-wave devices? I found the same thing with the honeywell lynx panel, you can get them paired but it only transfers the non secure device info and doesn't share the encryption keys to control things like locks.

Page created in 0.102 seconds with 19 queries.