Choose style:

Author Topic: Available on Amazon  (Read 3988 times)

Offline mparadis

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Available on Amazon
« on: January 19, 2015, 08:22:28 pm »
I see the almond+ is now available on Amazon for purchase as has been anticipated. Congratulations Securifi, keep on improving.

Offline mparadis

• Backer
Re: Available on Amazon
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2015, 07:27:29 pm »
There have been a number of Amazon questions regarding the A+. I answered the ones I could but some of them I don't know. Anyone with some time perhaps could help others figure out if this device is for them.

Offline intrepidpursuit

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2015, 07:48:26 am »
I noticed this as well. I love my almond+ as an excellent wifi router and for its great UI. I'm surprised to see them advertising it as a home automation server when we all know it is not. That is a dangerous move on a place like amazon where the user reviews will be brutal.

Honestly I don't know why the are continuing to pretend. If they would just put in hooks for IFTTT like EVERYONE is asking for, then they could move away from trying to make their own rules work and focus on at least being able to talk to standard z-wave and zigbee devices to make their functions available to IFTTT.

Releasing a router/"home automation hub" to the general public that has been in development for two years and still has no useful home automation functions is worse than admitting failure.

LGNilsson

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2015, 01:14:25 pm »
Have you tried the beta release?
We'll have a full release with improved rules in a week or two at the latest.
It's working quite well at this point, runs locally on the device and it's really responsive, unlike IFTTT which has up to 15 minutes delay.
Notifications should be out around the same time, at least for Android, although I'm not 100% sure for iOS, but it'll come there too.

The reason we're "bothering" is because we've made something that's fast, doesn't require an internet connection and it's easy to use.

IFTTT might come down the road, but I think you'll realise that what we've made is pretty good once the next firmware is out.

That said, yes, there's been plenty delays and I can only apologise for this.

Offline mparadis

• Backer
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2015, 01:35:18 pm »
I wasn't complaining, just noting that some of our active members could offer their experiences there as well. I understand the current limitations of the A+ and have accepted that the stuff is coming out later than hoped. I don't care for ifttt, sure it's fun but I don't think it's useful for what I want, as Lars mentioned a 10 - 15 minute delay doesn't help me for most things, at least not true automation. I've using the beta rules for a while and they are pretty useful.

Offline RGloverii

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2015, 04:59:25 pm »
Have you tried the beta release?
We'll have a full release with improved rules in a week or two at the latest.
It's working quite well at this point, runs locally on the device and it's really responsive, unlike IFTTT which has up to 15 minutes delay.
Notifications should be out around the same time, at least for Android, although I'm not 100% sure for iOS, but it'll come there too.

The reason we're "bothering" is because we've made something that's fast, doesn't require an internet connection and it's easy to use.

IFTTT might come down the road, but I think you'll realise that what we've made is pretty good once the next firmware is out.

That said, yes, there's been plenty delays and I can only apologise for this.

Lars,

I am going to comment on this in the beta thread.

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 25 queries.