Choose style:

Author Topic: Zwave Compounded devices support?  (Read 5642 times)

Offline Kwende

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Zwave Compounded devices support?
« on: January 26, 2014, 03:40:14 pm »
Hi, I was wondering if the Almond+ will have support for Zwave "compounded devices"?

These are devices that have "subdevices" (one master, that all Zwave software recognizes and one or many secondary that almost no zwave software, except for pure OpenZwave and Vera UI5 recognize). For example, the Frostdale Nanogrid FDN2nxx has not only a light switch but also a temperature sensor, and some models have multiple switches + the temperature sensor, the master being the first button and the rest being secondary devices that only a few software solutions recognize, while the Aeotec Dimmer and plugin modules have ELectricity monitors embedded as secondary devices.
Thanks,

LGNilsson

Re: Zwave Compounded devices support?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 10:40:58 pm »
This is not something I think is supported as of right now, I'll have to double check with our software team though.
However, it's something we'll try to add support for if there's demand, which there already seem to be, as you're not the first person to ask about this.

Offline eldaria

• Kickstarter Developer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 06:54:43 am »
Actually, this should be a function that needs to be supported.

Take for example Fibaros door sensor, it has also a binary input, as well as an optional Temperature sensor, so a single sensor has actually three different sensors built-in.
Or the motion sensor from Aeon Labs, it has Motion, Light, Humidity and Temperature all in one.
You also have things like breakers and dimmers that has built in power consumption measurement.

LGNilsson

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 09:19:54 am »
I honestly don't know if they've tested any devices like this yet, but I will find out for you guys.

Offline niclas

• Beta Testers
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2014, 02:32:24 pm »
I got my new beta Almond+ device today, and started googling a bit for more sensors, and found out that an online shop selling zwave products has its office just couple kilometers from where I live! So I contacted them, and I will be able to borrow at least a Duwi wall plug and a Fibaro wall plug for testing next week. The Fibaro is the model with both power on/off switch and power metering, so it will be interesting to see if that function is recognized in any way by the Almonst+.

LGNilsson

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2014, 11:36:56 pm »
We're still working on adding full support for Fibaro, the wall switch does on/off, but not power metering at this point in time.

It turns out that Z-Wave isn't quite as straight forward as the companies behind the standard is making it out to be and we're looking at ways to allow for some custom parameters to be set to enable certain features in some devices, but this will take a little bit of time to do on our side and we'll have more details on this as we're getting ready to add it to a new firmware.

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 20 queries.