Choose style:

Author Topic: Static IP addresses with 69cb  (Read 6113 times)

Offline mrv777

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Static IP addresses with 69cb
« on: February 10, 2015, 03:14:07 pm »
Did anyone else lose the setting for static IP addresses with 69cb in both the Almond+ interface and OpenWRT?
I know the static IP addresses disappeared form the Almond+ interface in a previous update, but now I can't find them in OpenWRT.
The ones I had set before the update are still working I can tell, but I can't seem to find them anymore to edit/add them.

Thanks

Offline mrv777

• Backer
Re: Static IP addresses with 69cb
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 12:37:21 pm »
I upgraded to 70 and I my static IP addresses still seem to be missing :-/
I found a section in the Almond interface and the OpenWRT interface where static leases go, but they both show I don't have any.  However, the 7 static leases I set when I first setup my Almond+ still seem to be working.  Those clients are still getting the IP addresses I assigned to them and not random DHCP ones.
Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Offline Mumbles

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2015, 11:15:06 pm »
I have the same issue, but I haven't checked to see if the missing leases are still working. Are they just not being displayed in either interface now, where we could see the leases in the OpenWRT interface before, and now we no longer can? Or are the leases gone? Can we get a comment on what's going on here?

Offline Karin

• Backer
Re: Static IP addresses with R070
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2015, 01:38:27 pm »
I did a fresh firmware update (reset to factory settings before upgrading) to R070 from R066aa.  There used to be a screen in OpenWRT's "DHCP and DNS" that looks like this screenshot from the wiki (notice the Static Leases section at the bottom), but now it is absent in R070.  I've found however that you can still add static DHCP leases through the default Almond+ web UI, under the "Network" button.

Also, hovering over the "Network" button in the default Almond+ web UI says that the DHCP server is disabled, which is incorrect.  Clicking on that button shows that it is indeed enabled, and it's serving up IPs just fine.

Offline tt4me

• Backer
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2015, 01:46:40 pm »
I have also been able to edit them manually via SSH.

/etc/config/dhcp

Offline mrv777

• Backer
Re: Static IP addresses with R070
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2015, 02:57:52 pm »
I did a fresh firmware update (reset to factory settings before upgrading) to R070 from R066aa.  There used to be a screen in OpenWRT's "DHCP and DNS" that looks like this screenshot from the wiki (notice the Static Leases section at the bottom), but now it is absent in R070.  I've found however that you can still add static DHCP leases through the default Almond+ web UI, under the "Network" button.

Also, hovering over the "Network" button in the default Almond+ web UI says that the DHCP server is disabled, which is incorrect.  Clicking on that button shows that it is indeed enabled, and it's serving up IPs just fine.

+1 Same for me

LGNilsson

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2015, 05:35:00 am »
You can add a static lease under the LAN settings in NutsOS now.

Offline mrv777

• Backer
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2015, 09:00:36 am »
You can add a static lease under the LAN settings in NutsOS now.

@Lars
Thank you for letting us know.
My issue is more though that the static leases a previous setup are still working on my Almond+, but I can't see them anywhere.  How can I double check which ones I've already set, edit them, and/or remove them if necessary?

Offline tt4me

• Backer
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2015, 09:35:59 am »
@Lars
Thank you for letting us know.
My issue is more though that the static leases a previous setup are still working on my Almond+, but I can't see them anywhere.  How can I double check which ones I've already set, edit them, and/or remove them if necessary?

Unfortunately, I don't think that there i a way through the UI right now.  However, you can see/edit them via SSH in the following file:

/etc/config/dhcp

I needed to update a couple of mine, and this is how I accomplished this.

Offline mrv777

• Backer
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2015, 08:56:09 am »
Unfortunately, I don't think that there i a way through the UI right now.  However, you can see/edit them via SSH in the following file:

/etc/config/dhcp

I needed to update a couple of mine, and this is how I accomplished this.

Thank you!  I see all my static leases in that file and I can add the new ones I wanted to.

@Lars How should we address this going forward? 

Offline RevdMark

• Backer
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2015, 11:26:07 am »
Can somebody tell me how to edit that file? I'm not much of a command line user, I can manage nano, but that's about it! What do I use to edit it on the Almond?

Offline tt4me

• Backer
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2015, 06:56:19 pm »
You will want to use vi to edit the file.

Offline Mumbles

• Backer
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2015, 06:19:03 pm »
Can we please get a comment from the Securifi side?

Is there some sort of bug that is resulting in these previously existing static leases (that apparently still function) not being displayed. Will this be corrected so that they will show up in a future firmware update?

Can Securifi confirm that the issue around static leases being addressed? I don't see it as a 'known issue' in the stickied note about the R70 firmware.

Offline RevdMark

• Backer
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2015, 01:42:24 pm »
Thanks for the pointer to vi. Last time I used that on my Pi, I had some "functionality issues" as it wasn't very newbie-friendly!

Second the call for a comment from the staff on this, I think the progress on static leases has been unacceptable. Earlier versions of the firmware allowed us to add static leases in the NutOS. Then an update caused them to be invisible there, but accessible from the OpenWRT interface. Update again and the option to add them from NutOS disapears, but remains in OpenWRT. Update again and they are no longer visible in Open WRT, but the interface to add them remains. Let me guess, next update will remove the ability to add them from OpenWRT???

C'mon guys, this is basic functionality. I can understand difficulty implementing some of the newer functions like rules, but this should have been in there from the start and simply maintained. It didn't even need improving! Now I have to dick about with command line interfaces just to deal with this? Not a lot of point having a touch screen on the router when this happens....

Offline mrv777

• Backer
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2015, 03:04:29 pm »
I'm guessing they changed the location in the files where they set static links, as I believe you can set static leases from NutOS now.  If so, this would explain why the old ones don't show up anywhere to edit or delete, even though they are still active.  NutOS is looking for them in another spot.

Maybe that's it?
It still doesn't solve the issue though

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 16 queries.

bottleneck