bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Sensor Trigger Notifications  (Read 12794 times)

Offline rouz42

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Sensor Trigger Notifications
« on: February 11, 2015, 10:09:18 am »
Lars, with the R70 firmware update, will we be seeing an updated Android app with support for sensor trigger notifications?

LGNilsson

Re: Sensor Trigger Notifications
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 10:10:29 am »
That's what I was expecting, but it seems like it won't be for another few weeks, sorry  :-\ :-[

Offline jnowland

• Beta Testers
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2015, 07:33:54 pm »
How do I turn off the notifications?  And whatbis this new "away" mode I noticed on the app?

Offline mparadis

• Backer
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2015, 08:24:56 pm »
Each sensor in the app can be opened using the little wrench and the set to whether you want notifications for state changes always, when set to away or never (off). Home / away toggles the almond between home and away mode which identifies which notifications you would like to receive.

Offline jnowland

• Beta Testers
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2015, 08:09:11 am »
Thank you!  I noticed them under the "wrench" shortly after posting this and didn't get back in to notify.  Thank you for taking the time you always do to respond.  It is MUCH appreciated!

Offline mparadis

• Backer
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2015, 09:10:48 am »
Happy to help.  :D

Offline rouz42

• Backer
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2015, 03:46:43 pm »
Ive noticed that it my phone is in airplane mode and the sensor is triggered, upon turning off airplane mode, I dont get any notifications of the triggered event when in airplane mode.

Offline fillibar

• Backer
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2015, 08:25:20 am »
You are looking for the notifications to be queued then received once you are online again? I do not think the app works that way. It is monitoring the sensor state and if you want a notification it will give one as it "sees" the state change. If you have no data connection (such as airplane mode or no signals) then the app cannot get any status changes, thus no notification.
Almond 3 mesh handling the home.

Offline umar

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2015, 02:59:25 pm »
and when we have notification ex;door opened or closed or motion detected it does not send notification like door open or door closed ...it send notifications like  "Value changed"    ....any way to change this..

thanks
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 03:08:56 pm by umar »
Almond + with 3 Open close sensors,2 Water sensors,4 Key fobs,1 Motion sensor,Everspring SE 812 siren,Fibaro FGWPE-101 zwave wall plug,3 Philips Hue Bulbs. Everspring wall plug AN180-6,Everspring zwave plus micro module dimmer AD146,Fibaro motion sensor,Fibaro smoke sensor,Fibaro Flood sensor

Offline fillibar

• Backer
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2015, 08:46:06 pm »
At present no... But I am pretty sure I saw it mentioned that more "specific" notifications were planned.
Almond 3 mesh handling the home.

Offline devi

• Securifi Staff
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2015, 02:08:38 am »
and when we have notification ex;door opened or closed or motion detected it does not send notification like door open or door closed ...it send notifications like  "Value changed"    ....any way to change this..

thanks

We are planning for a quick release in 2 weeks which will change this.  You will get the specific message as to what has happened instead of generic ones.

Offline mr23

• Backer
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2015, 12:03:00 pm »
Each sensor in the app can be opened using the little wrench and the set to whether you want notifications for state changes always, when set to away or never (off). Home / away toggles the almond between home and away mode which identifies which notifications you would like to receive.

If I open the wrench on a sensor, and change the Notify Me state, the sensor settings Name and Location change to a different sensor, so if I hit Save, then the name/loc changes to that other sensor everywhere.

Reproducible.
Notify Me = Off, it gives the expected sensor Name/Loc
Notify Me = Away, it blanks out the Name/Loc
Notify Me = Always, it changes Name/Loc to another sensor.
I can just click between the 3 notify me states and see this change every time as described.
But if I wait for a while (for a round trip from the cloud), then the last chosen option 'effect' is propagated.
For example, I left it on 'Away', ie, blanked out, while typing the above text. When I next checked it, all 3 states now have blanked Name/Loc.

I closed, then opened the wrench. The 'Off' Name/Loc is as expected, but now the 'Away' Name/Loc is yet another sensor, and the 'Always' is blank.
If I close/open the wrench, the Name/Loc is as expected, but if I hit the 'Off' state (which it is already in), it blanks the Name/Loc.

So it appears I cannot change the Notify Me state reliably without having to reenter the Name/Loc afterwards, perhaps depending on how long I wait before hitting Save. [Update: Notify Me state is immediately saved and retained after wrench close/open; it's just the Name/Loc fields that get messed up anytime the state is changed; just don't hit Save and the Almond+/Cloud remembers the correct values. So it's just a buggy App/Cloud interaction for the Name/Loc.]

Oh, and at some point during this test the cloud went red/x, and now the app is taking a long time to time out on any tap.
I restart the App, and the cloud is connected, and the sensor settings are as expected. Until I try changing a Notify Me again. It seems the effect of hitting Away/Always/Off seems to randomly choose what to put in the Name/Loc fields.

Offline devi

• Securifi Staff
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2015, 01:21:34 am »
I know there is problem with Name/Location incorrect display sometimes.

When you change 'Notify Me' you should not hit on Save.  It automatically updates and you will find a toast beneath saying 'Notification Preferences changed'.  Save is only for changing Name and Location.

When you expand the tile, sometimes the Name/Location are shown incorrectly. Here the display is incorrect, (most of the time, it will show correct if you open it again )where as actual Name/Location will never change until you manually hit Save. 

Offline mr23

• Backer
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2015, 02:44:20 pm »
I recommend making Save inactive unless the Name/Loc fields are changed.

Offline devi

• Securifi Staff
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2015, 02:18:32 pm »
Yeah neat idea!! We will fix this incorrect display as soon as possible. Thanks for bringing it up.

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 20 queries.

bottleneck