bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Email notifications for sensors  (Read 3171 times)

Offline rouz42

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Email notifications for sensors
« on: September 10, 2014, 02:19:10 pm »
I hope this is in the right place, but Id like to request that other than push notifications that email based notifications be enabled for the sensors.

This should speed up implementation since the email notifications can be implemented at the router and backend without needing to update the app. It also helps those of us with restricted wifi work APs.

LGNilsson

Re: Email notifications for sensors
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 10:40:45 pm »
Post split from original topic.

We're considering email notifications as well, but push notifications will be done first.

Offline rouz42

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2014, 09:00:01 am »
Push notifications are great but in some use cases such as work wifi or lost/charging phone (which limit phone access or port access) getting an email would be a great backup option. As an example, the app doesnt connect to my A+ while using my work wifi because of restrictions but I can get emails via gmail.

Offline rpr69

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2014, 04:35:10 pm »
If you have another Linux host in your environment, it's possible. I'm working on a solution, but at the moment it requires a separate Linux host to do most of the work.

Offline prlj13

• Acorn
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2015, 11:26:40 pm »
I wrote some code to send email notifications, sensors are polled, check out my blog post (Python script):

http://prlj13-whatimupto.blogspot.ca/2015/02/securifi-almond-wifi-router-email.html

Offline jwlsh

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2015, 06:54:32 pm »
I wrote some code to send email notifications, sensors are polled, check out my blog post (Python script):

http://prlj13-whatimupto.blogspot.ca/2015/02/securifi-almond-wifi-router-email.html

This worked great for me, thank you! Ran it on a Raspberry PI with no issues and used it to detect GE Link Light state changes. Probably not a huge issue to extend this and build a DB of devices and drive different behavior for each device based on configuration in the DB.

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 17 queries.

bottleneck