bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: R70 - Vision magnetic door sensor is reliable, range is less than 60 cm.  (Read 2752 times)

Offline sfalc

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
I still have some problems with my Vision door/window sensor, it is more reliable concerning on/off state, however the range is short.
With a new CR123A, with a verified voltage of 3V, it has a range of circa 40-30 cm from the Almond+. Beyond that range the state changes doesn't register at all on the Almond+. It is very strange since all other sensors works fine. It could also be an issue with the radio in the Vision sensor itself.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 05:33:48 am by sfalc »
Almond+ with 2 dimmer switches, 2 binary on/off switches, 1 Qubino Flush dimmer, 1 Aeontec micro dimmer, 1 Fibaro Dimmer 2, 1 Lightify RGBW bulb, 2 Lightify Flex RGBW Led strip, 1 WeMo Bulb, 1 Fibaro magnetic door sensor, Vision PIR & temperature sensor.

LGNilsson

Considering all your other sensors are working well, I'd say the sensor is damaged. Check the antenna, it's located on the bottom of the PCB, to see if its soldered in properly. We haven't had any range issues with these.

Offline mparadis

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Which particular sensor is this?

Offline sfalc

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Which particular sensor is this?

ZD2102 EU-frequency, but as Lars wrote, Securifi haven't had any range issues with theirs. Since my other sensors works the radio part in this particular one might be fubar. I.e the amplifier might not work hence it works at 1/100 of the normal distance. 
Almond+ with 2 dimmer switches, 2 binary on/off switches, 1 Qubino Flush dimmer, 1 Aeontec micro dimmer, 1 Fibaro Dimmer 2, 1 Lightify RGBW bulb, 2 Lightify Flex RGBW Led strip, 1 WeMo Bulb, 1 Fibaro magnetic door sensor, Vision PIR & temperature sensor.

LGNilsson

There's no amplifier in these things, hence why they're so low power. There are filters though and that might have something wrong with it.

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 25 queries.

bottleneck