bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: SmartThings SmartSense Multi Sensor  (Read 2167 times)

Offline Ck32250

• Peanut
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
SmartThings SmartSense Multi Sensor
« on: February 15, 2015, 07:40:11 pm »
I inquired about the SmartThings SmartSense Multi Sensor and did not get much feedback on this forum, only that it was thought to be compatible as it is on the official list of supported devices (with a note on how to pair it) Ive since bought the sensor and after hour+ of time of just not wanting to give up- I finally got it to pair. When I was trying to pair, most often the A+ wouldn't see it, and when it did after some time it would give me a "device not supported" or similar error message. I decided to be persistent, and just kept at it until it worked.

Great, its paired. Only the A+ does not treat it as a multi sensor, but only "Open/Closed". No indication of how to see the orientation of the sensor or the temperature. Worse yet, It seems to be incompatible with A+ Home Automation, the rules UI shows it as "Unsupported Device!" and does not show it at all in the create rules section. So as far as I can tell, I cant actually do anything with the sensor, such as trigger lights, or even send me a push message. 

Id love to get some advice if anyone has an open/closed sensor that works with the A+.
Thanks!

LGNilsson

Re: SmartThings SmartSense Multi Sensor
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2015, 05:56:12 am »
I've asked the software team to add better support for this device.

As for the rules UI, a lot of sensors are still missing and more things will be added in each firmware release.

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 19 queries.

bottleneck