bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Schlage Link Trane thermostat  (Read 5262 times)

Offline jamenlang

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Schlage Link Trane thermostat
« on: February 13, 2015, 03:02:12 pm »
I have a trane thermostat that previously worked just fine with almond plus. i could adjust the temperature and it would update. i was able to change it to cooling mode or auto and it would update. I updated to R070 and now i'm not able to adjust the temperature or change the mode.

The manual for this device is here
http://www.homeseer.com/pdfs/Schlage/thermostat_user_manual-c.pdf

This is similar to the TZ43 whose manual is here
http://www.rcstechnology.com/oldsite/docs/thermostats/zwave/TZ43%20INSTALLATION%20MANUAL%20141-01652-04.pdf
3x Cree connected bulbs - mostly working, some toggle failures using the app; Monoprice PIR - working, waiting for temperature rules;  Trane Thermostat - working; Linear T500Z - working; 3x GE outlets - working; Aeon G2 micro switch, working.

LGNilsson

Re: Schlage Link Trane thermostat
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2015, 03:10:51 am »
I've let the software team know, not sure what has changed, but that's clearly a mistake on our side.

Offline jamenlang

• Backer
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2015, 06:51:08 pm »
I checked out /hadata/apps/hadata-4c09/zwcfg_home.xml on the almond and found that the thermostat was listed, but the manufacturer was missing.

<Manufacturer id="" name="">
                        <Product type="" id="" name="" />
                </Manufacturer>

Then I looked at the command classes it was using to see if i could find why i could set cooling but not heat.

<CommandClass id="67" name="COMMAND_CLASS_THERMOSTAT_SETPOINT" version="1" request_flags="2" base="1">
                                <Instance index="1" />
                                <Value type="decimal" genre="user" instance="1" index="2" label="Cooling 1" units="F" read_only="false" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" ma......
                                <Value type="decimal" genre="user" instance="1" index="3" label="Unused 3" units="C" read_only="false" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max......
                        </CommandClass>

Cooling 1 and unused 3. Got it.

I reverted to 69cb, factory reset, unlinked, relinked, verified i could set the mode to heat/cool/auto and set both heat and cool point. After verifying everything worked correctly.

<Manufacturer id="008b" name="Trane">
                        <Product type="5452" id="5431" name="Model TZEMT400AB32MAA" />
                </Manufacturer>

and the command class is very simple.

<CommandClass id="67" name="COMMAND_CLASS_THERMOSTAT_SETPOINT" version="1" request_flags="6" base="0">
                                <Instance index="1" />
                        </CommandClass>

3x Cree connected bulbs - mostly working, some toggle failures using the app; Monoprice PIR - working, waiting for temperature rules;  Trane Thermostat - working; Linear T500Z - working; 3x GE outlets - working; Aeon G2 micro switch, working.

LGNilsson

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2015, 12:31:03 am »
Thanks, we'll get if fixed in the next release.

Offline jamenlang

• Backer
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2015, 11:44:01 am »
I removed and re added the thermostat a few more times, i finally got it to show up again with null values on the android app which is somehow connected to crashes and force closes. i rebooted the router, tried it again, and values started populating like they should, so as long as nothing breaks i have a working setup.

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 17 queries.

bottleneck