Choose style:

Author Topic: cannot mount /dev/sda when adding an additional drive  (Read 2399 times)

Offline Znutar

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
cannot mount /dev/sda when adding an additional drive
« on: February 14, 2015, 02:56:29 pm »
just upgraded to 0.70 and now my attached drive (2 TB WD Elements USB 3.0) is working nicely on my mac. Tried adding an additional 2 TB drive and it does not seem to mount or be recognized (similar model, slightly older). Went into OpenWRT to try and add it manually and while it appears to be recognized, it does not seem to mount as /dev/sda/My Passport (other one mounts as /dev/sda1/Elements no problem). The other drive that was already attached is a plain vanilla NTFS drive and the one I added, though it contains data, is exactly the same but for some reason sda1 will mount and be recognized but sda will not. Any clues?

Offline wolfe4656

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: cannot mount /dev/sda when adding an additional drive
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2015, 10:38:59 am »
I have the same type of problem with version 70. I had two hard drives on my windows7 setup and the 2T elements comes back and is recognized however my 5T Segate will not discover. I moved it to a windows computer and performed a repair with no help. Is this a problem with V70?

LGNilsson

Re: cannot mount /dev/sda when adding an additional drive
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2015, 02:50:02 am »
We're working on updating Samba and will hopefully have that done in a firmware release or two. We'll look at addressing this issue at the same time.
For now, the workaround is to not use spaces in volume names. As such, please call your drive My_Passport or MyPassport instead of My Passport.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 02:52:38 am by Lars »

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 20 queries.