bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: R70 rules misfiring, or keyfob issue?  (Read 2511 times)

Offline bwainscott

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
R70 rules misfiring, or keyfob issue?
« on: February 12, 2015, 03:01:31 pm »
I updated to R70 a couple of days ago (as part of the beta release), and have seen some strange things happening ever since.  I've been digging through the various log files, and it LOOKS like the A+ has cross wired some rules.  I can send my logs, Rules, and Devices lists if that will be helpful.

Here is one example of the kind of thing I'm seeing (perhaps the only thing going wrong?)

I have a rule (Rule 4) that says "when I press the keyfob ARM button, lock the door, turn down the thermostat, and turn off the lights"
I have another (Rule 6) that says "when the front door closes, wait 3 minutes then lock the door"

Last night at 9:25pm I went to bed, pressed the ARM button, and it executed Rule 4 -- great.
At 1:23 am, someone came in the front door.  The sensor opened, and Rule 4 executed.  The sensor closed, and Rule 4 executed again (and so did Rule 6, as it should).

Every time someone opens or closes that door, Rule 4 fires.

I saw in the release notes that the way the keyfob works has changed -- is that what is going on?  WIth R69cp my "arm" rule worked just fine.  I really just want to use the 4 buttons on the fob as one time switches to trigger rules, but is the ARM button somehow special, or is this a bug?

Offline mr23

• Backer
Re: R70 rules misfiring, or keyfob issue?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2015, 05:31:09 pm »
I tried out my keyfob last night with '70. At first only 1 worked unreliably, the 2nd one didn't get detected by Almond+ at all.
I rebooted the Almond+, then both started working fairly reliably. First keyfob button push after that reboot resulted in a light flashing on, then off; it should have just turned on as the rule action. After that it did the right thing, for a while. if arm, turn off. if disarm, turn on. It stopped working reliably though, stopped playing with it for the night.

Offline Blueiris8

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2015, 08:04:58 am »
I setup a bunch of rules last night and they are misfiring.  For example, I have a rule to turn off the pantry light whenever the pantry door closes and another rule to unlock/lock the front door with the key fob.  This morning, I opening and closing the pantry door locks and unlocks the front door.  I'm not sure if is the because of the key fob or not.  My other rules seem to be ok (the pantry light does turn off when the door is closed).

Lars, anyone checking into this?

Offline bwainscott

• Backer
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2015, 09:16:23 am »
It is not just the keyfob -- see my post here:

http://forum.securifi.com/index.php/topic,2746.msg11987.html#msg11987

Short version: every time a sensor changes, it seems ALL rules are rechecked and run if the current state of their sensors match the condition.  Hopefully they will see this as a priority, because it is definitely going to cause a lot of undesirable behavior.

Offline Blueiris8

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2015, 09:38:07 am »
Seems like my wife's key fob was cross wired with our pantry and my key fob with our peanut plug.  Once I removed my key fob rules, it stopped the misfires.

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 21 queries.