bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: local interface not working correctly  (Read 2744 times)

Offline agentfarrell

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
local interface not working correctly
« on: February 19, 2015, 10:55:46 pm »
Just added my Almond+ yesterday. Checked and updated to latest software. It came with a Peanut Plug, which I was able to install and use via the local browser interface. Awesome.
FF to today, the sensor does not show up on the local interface, but I can see and operate it via connect.securifi.com. Also, I can not get rid of the cookie warning or navigate to the Rules, both things I was able to do yesterday. Tried in both Chrome and FF, Windows 8.
Anyone else experiencing this?

Offline mparadis

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: local interface not working correctly
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2015, 09:42:17 am »
When you say local interface you mean? Local web or local lcd? If you mean web give it a few refreshes there have been reports of a minor cache problem if it's still present in other UIs. Try from a different browser as well. It most likely isn't showing up but is still there. What device are you using?

Offline thearyeh

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2015, 11:08:58 am »
Hey agentfarrell,

I experienced the same thing and I couldn't get the sensors or rules to show up appropriately in the browser no matter what I did, refreshing or otherwise.  What ended up happening is that I flashed the firmware again and noticed that I could now see tabs, and my sensor showed up. 

As soon as I changed my password, however, the interface became garbled again.  I reset it back to the password that was initially provided by the router and it snapped back together, displaying the tabs and allowing me to add rules successfully.  If you've changed the password, try changing it back and seeing if that solves your issue. 

I can't tell if it was my password length or another property about my password.  I'm using Dashlane, so I ended up setting a 28 character password with symbols.  Whatever the case, I'm leaving it as the default password for now.  Hopefully that helps you out.

Offline agentfarrell

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2015, 11:45:03 am »
Hi thearyeh,
you were correct, in fact I believe it was just one character in my password that was causing the issue (I had a " in it, once removed all is working). Interesting that I could get access, but not complete access. This might be a bug in the code, I wonder if the securifi team is aware of this. Thank you for your help!

Amritendu

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2015, 09:07:40 pm »
Yes, we are aware with issues with special characters for password of the local UI. Hopefully it would be sorted out on upcoming updates.

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 18 queries.