Choose style:

Author Topic: Schlage Keyless Lock Support in R70?  (Read 13043 times)

Offline abooker

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Schlage Keyless Lock Support in R70?
« on: February 20, 2015, 11:03:30 am »
Hi,

I'm considering buying an Almond+ for a vacation home that we rent.  A critical feature to me is the ability to add/delete user codes remotely.  I have a Wink Hub now, and have found support to be good, but this feature is missing from their *featured* Schlage support.   >:(

Have any of you used the user code feature in R70?  Is it worth making the move to the Almond+?

Aaron

Offline techvudu

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Schlage Keyless Lock Support in R70?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2015, 12:08:59 pm »
I have the schlage and have not been successful in adding additional lock codes from the UI. The option is there, but ultimately changing or adding a code via the web has not worked for me. I did NOT try in R70, but will when I get home. 
Almond+ Backer

Offline JesseD

• Backer
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2015, 01:41:33 pm »
Okay so I haven't tried it in the latest firmware ( 70 ) but let me add to the last reply.

For me, the codes to work.  Have worked since day one but the issue is that it will not save your assignment.  Let me clarify-I can go in to the UI and tell it :

User1 = 1111
User 2= 2222
User 3= 3333

It will not let me change the user name.....and after I hit save, I can go to my lock and the codes work.  BUt if you go back into the UI, it appears that you have not assigned user1 any code....so it doesn't do a good job in telling you with users already have assigned codes and which ones don't.  So you have to remember what users you assigned.

Makes sense?

Im going to redo my codes tonight with the new firmware and hope the support has imporved

Offline happyj

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2015, 06:38:19 pm »
For whatever it's worth, I have a Schlage BE469NX and I still cannot get it to work with any firmware, including the latest R70.  It will pair but there is zero functionality.

When you pair, the deadbolt is in the locked position, on the Almond it says it is unlocked.  Attempting to lock/unlock results in "processing" until you intervene the process.  As a result, the router has been almost useless to me since this one of the main reasons I purchased.

Offline techvudu

• Backer
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2015, 09:13:34 am »
For whatever it's worth, I have a Schlage BE469NX and I still cannot get it to work with any firmware, including the latest R70.  It will pair but there is zero functionality.

When you pair, the deadbolt is in the locked position, on the Almond it says it is unlocked.  Attempting to lock/unlock results in "processing" until you intervene the process.  As a result, the router has been almost useless to me since this one of the main reasons I purchased.

I have the same lock. Works fine for me through the UI and sometimes gives me the correct status of the lock. Paired no problem from a pretty good distance away actually but anything past opening and closing the lock is not working.
Almond+ Backer

Offline Inimical

• Backer
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2015, 07:42:36 pm »
Aside from the obvious shortfalls of the Almond+ firmware, another issue is the disparity between the firmwares on the lock. If you have a newer firmware, then you should be able to pair and control the lock (Still can't really program codes).

Unfortunately according to Schlage the only way to get a new firmware is to get a new lock, and even then you have no idea how long the one you're purchasing has been sitting on the shelf. I spoke with Schlage support and apparently there is no way to upgrade the firmware, or even know what version you're at... Which is pretty infuriating considering the cost of the lock. But as far as I know there is no viable alternative, so we're stuck with it.

Offline DerProfi

• Acorn
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2015, 07:51:23 pm »
Aside from the obvious shortfalls of the Almond+ firmware, another issue is the disparity between the firmwares on the lock. If you have a newer firmware, then you should be able to pair and control the lock (Still can't really program codes).

Unfortunately according to Schlage the only way to get a new firmware is to get a new lock, and even then you have no idea how long the one you're purchasing has been sitting on the shelf. I spoke with Schlage support and apparently there is no way to upgrade the firmware, or even know what version you're at... Which is pretty infuriating considering the cost of the lock. But as far as I know there is no viable alternative, so we're stuck with it.
I also have the FE469NX, which was purchased new in April 2014.  The Schlage has what I understand to be the latest firmware, which is 5.8.  My Almond+ is on R070. The lock will pair/unpair just fine and from a decent distance.  However, I'm seeing the same behavior as happyj. When I try to trigger a remote lock/unlock from the Almond+, it does nothing, and the LCD constantly reports "unlocked" status. I could probably contribute more if there some documentation provided re: the best ways to look under the hood. I am not unfamiliar with Linux.

Offline rldreams

• Beta Testers
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2015, 08:47:38 am »
Our 469s have always paired with no issues, but as others have stated, that is all they do. Can not read lock state. So they are useless as a trigger and can not be controlled through UI or app.

Offline mparadis

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2015, 09:20:50 am »
Using the Kwikset Lock and Deadbolt. It works well. I believe the apps should have the ability to change codes, at least with Kwikset, soon.

Offline Inimical

• Backer
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2015, 09:30:48 am »
I also have the FE469NX, which was purchased new in April 2014.  The Schlage has what I understand to be the latest firmware, which is 5.8.  My Almond+ is on R070. The lock will pair/unpair just fine and from a decent distance.  However, I'm seeing the same behavior as happyj. When I try to trigger a remote lock/unlock from the Almond+, it does nothing, and the LCD constantly reports "unlocked" status. I could probably contribute more if there some documentation provided re: the best ways to look under the hood. I am not unfamiliar with Linux.

How were you able to tell which firmware the lock is on?

Offline rldreams

• Beta Testers
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2015, 03:29:33 pm »
How were you able to tell which firmware the lock is on?

Unscrew the inside of the lock from the mounting plate and remove it from the door. You will find a sticker with the firmware listed on the face of the lock that is normally against the door.

Offline DerProfi

• Acorn
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2015, 06:52:10 pm »
Unscrew the inside of the lock from the mounting plate and remove it from the door. You will find a sticker with the firmware listed on the face of the lock that is normally against the door.
It is also on a sticker affixed to the printed insert included with each lock. See attached snippet from user guide.

Offline rldreams

• Beta Testers
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2015, 12:31:34 pm »
I never thought to look in the book.  :-\ Now that you mention it though it does make sense that both stickers would contain all the same info.

On a related note, there is no way to update the lock firmware yourself. If you have anything lower that 5.7 your only option is to contact Schlage and they will have you send the lock to them for FW update.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 01:03:04 pm by rldreams »

Offline WatsonIT

• Backer
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2015, 08:01:26 pm »
I have a newer Schage lock and I'm able to add new codes to my lock via the router.
However, the UI doesn't seem to show the codes.  For example Code 1 is used by the lock already.  You can plug in a new code in slot 1 and it basically just adds another code rather than overwriting the current code in slot one.  Once you go to slot two to add another code, and switch back to code 1, it shows unspecified again.

The status of the lock isn't aways correct, but seems to fix itself.  For example it open shows unlocked when it is actually locked.  When you hit the lock button, it updates correctly to locked.  Then you can unlock it if you need to.

Offline DerProfi

• Acorn
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2015, 09:45:31 pm »
I have a newer Schage lock and I'm able to add new codes to my lock via the router.
Which model of lock and which firmware version? I don't think good comparisons can be made without those details.

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 20 queries.

bottleneck