bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Router Not Recognizing Internet  (Read 8194 times)

Offline phuettner

• Acorn
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Router Not Recognizing Internet
« on: February 03, 2014, 03:53:07 pm »
I am trying to use my almond as a regular router, however it isn't able to connect to the internet from my modem. The modem is definitely pushing out a connection since I can connect directly to my PC with Ethernet and my old router also works. However, the almond continues to say "internet disconnected" even when the ethernet is connected.

I did a complete factory reset on the almond and did manage to have it connect for about 30 minutes but then it reverted back to being disconnected even though the ethernet was plugged in and working.

Please help.  Thanks!

Offline Patrick Wilson

• Cashew
Re: Router Not Recognizing Internet
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 12:26:28 am »
I am trying to use my almond as a regular router, however it isn't able to connect to the internet from my modem. The modem is definitely pushing out a connection since I can connect directly to my PC with Ethernet and my old router also works. However, the almond continues to say "internet disconnected" even when the ethernet is connected.

I did a complete factory reset on the almond and did manage to have it connect for about 30 minutes but then it reverted back to being disconnected even though the ethernet was plugged in and working.

Please help.  Thanks!

Welcome to the Forum.  Sorry to hear you are having issues.  I'd love to help,  but I would appreciate a little more information.

What Make/Model of Modem?
Is the Modem connected to the Gray WAN Port?

« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 12:46:23 am by Patrick Wilson »
Patrick Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada

Offline phuettner

• Acorn
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 12:50:17 am »
Hi Patrick,

This is the regular Almond. And yes it is being plugged into the grey port. The status page actually shifts from "cord disconnected" to "internet disconnected" when I plug in the Ethernet.

I'm a pretty advanced user and have gone through almost all possible options to get this to work. Still no luck.

Thanks,
Paul

Essoh

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2014, 08:44:29 am »
I think you may have to call support or at least to send an email to them.
I am pretty sure they will call you back and solve this problem quickly.

Offline Patrick Wilson

• Cashew
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2014, 11:48:53 pm »
Hi Patrick,

This is the regular Almond. And yes it is being plugged into the grey port. The status page actually shifts from "cord disconnected" to "internet disconnected" when I plug in the Ethernet.

I'm a pretty advanced user and have gone through almost all possible options to get this to work. Still no luck.

Thanks,
Paul

I think you may have to call support or at least to send an email to them.
I am pretty sure they will call you back and solve this problem quickly.

Short of the usual troubleshooting of swapping cables etc,  I'm out of ideas for you too.  Please contact support@securifi.com

Patrick Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 21 queries.

bottleneck