bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Recommendation for battery powered wall switch?  (Read 10598 times)

Offline mparadis

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Recommendation for battery powered wall switch?
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2015, 11:58:56 am »
Mains powered switches are actual switches, they control whatever they are connected to but can also be controlled via rf. scene controllers do not control something directly, they activate scenes.

Offline fillibar

• Backer
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2015, 01:22:37 pm »
Just to muddy the water further... Some wired switches (looking at my Linear WD500Z-1) can act as both. It can control a load directly, be controlled, and can also control a scene or other devices (it is in the manual but I have never used this capability).
Almond 3 mesh handling the home.

Offline mparadis

• Backer
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2015, 05:30:23 pm »
Correct (I was trying to keep it kinda simple, not that much in this world is yet  :-\)

Offline Mishakim

• Backer
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2015, 11:35:20 am »
CentraLite has a switch coming later this year http://www.centralite.com/index.php/products/new-products-for-2015 (second product) but I have no idea when or at what cost.
They also have the micro button coming which might do the trick as long as you don't mind using a single button for on/off.
So are these a type of "switch" sensor that's simpler than a scene controller? That is, they just report a switch state, like the key fobs, and rely on the Almond+ to take action? I have the same situation as the OP and was able to use the key fob this way, repurposing it into a toggle-switch, but it's not ideal.

LGNilsson

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2015, 12:36:46 pm »
ZigBee doesn't have secondary controllers, but there aren't really any ZigBee switches as yet, but they're coming.

For Z-Wave, as far as I'm aware, all devices like this show up as secondary controllers. Support should come alongside scenes, so hopefully in a couple of months, as we're still working on getting the rules to a solid level.

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 20 queries.

bottleneck