Choose style:

Author Topic: Woes of owning an Almond Plus  (Read 5230 times)

Offline medatom

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Woes of owning an Almond Plus
« on: February 28, 2015, 07:50:49 am »
I updated to R070 firmware as soon as it was released. I have several devices in the network (network dvr, voip,tv,AV system,etc) with static ip address assigned to them in almond plus. After the upgrade i can not see them listed anymore. The port forwarding still list all the devices however.

Another issue is that the time in openwrt resets to utc everytime i reboot the router ( i reboot every few days). Its very annoying as i have lot of rules based on time.

Seems to take forever to release the updates and then still have issues?!!

Offline mparadis

• Backer
Re: Woes of owning an Almond Plus
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2015, 08:58:38 am »
The ip and time issue are being fixed. I know the time issue should be fixed in the next release, not sure about the static ip leases but I know it was reported and it is being fixed. The ip leases are still present but only visible from the openwrt side of the router. Each update is improving the system significantly. As far as the speed of releases I know the plan going forward is to release one update per month, alongside updates for the apps. It takes quite a bit of time to build an update as it needs to be alpha tested in house, beta tested by a few people in the community and then any last minute issues noticed need to be fixed before the public release. Larger companies don't update monthly. Even Chrome by google which has regular releases is normally on a six week schedule and that is with generally small releases. I have been frustrated at times as well with the slow speeds of some releases but I feel like they are now making great movement and am truly looking forward to the next several months.

Offline mparadis

• Backer
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2015, 09:17:19 am »
Also, check out this post from another topic. There is an explanation of the ip issue and how to resolve it apparently. http://forum.securifi.com/index.php/topic,2800.0.html. Hope it helps!

Offline Mumbles

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2015, 11:20:43 am »
The post in the other thread from 'Joe' seems to be relating what Securifi's previously done with the interface(s) for static IPs and the reasons why. 'Bwainscott' speculates that Joe's post means that if "I delete the existing leases from /etc/config/dhcp then add them back via the NutsOS GUI, I'll be OK going forward?", but there is no response to this as of yet (but it's only been a few hours).

Please take no offense, but how do we know the IP issue is being 'fixed'? - From Joe's post in the other thread, I'm getting the impression that Securifi might be done with the static IP interface - i.e., add static IPs through the NutsOS and you're done. Of course, this leaves the problem of what to do with static IPs that are currently in the never-never land of (apparently) working, but not being displayed, so I'm guessing we're stuck with solution suggested by 'Bwainscott' above - but it would be nice to have a comment from the developers.

Can Securifi please comment on where they stand on the static IP issue and how to deal with the 'non-displayed' leases. Are we done with the development here (i.e., just add through NutsOS going forward) and we just have to clean up these 'non-displayed' leases? Or are you still working on a 'fix' of some sort?

Thanks,

Offline DerProfi

• Acorn
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2015, 11:39:37 pm »
My "woe" is that with a 30-day Amazon return window, I have to decide whether to keep a $200 device based on R070 (which is very much a work-in-progress) and promises.

I have a fairly huge house which no single device will cover, so I've already got 4 APs spread across 3 floors and I don't need another. For my use case, all the time and effort spent fixing router/repeater/AP features just delays improvements in the core functionality I need: Zwave and Zigbee home automation. I've also encountered a very annoying quirk where the touchscreen calibration goes wonky about 2/3 of the time (off by 1/2 inch or more, both in R069cb and R070) which makes device adds/removes almost impossible without multiple reboots.  I REALLY want this product to succeed, but I've been burned by 2 half-baked Kickstarter projects in the past two years (Doorbot and Leap) and wonder if I'm too early an adopter?

Just howling at the moon....ignore me :)

Offline medatom

• Backer
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2015, 12:02:15 pm »
Updated to 70as. The time reset to UTC after reboot still present. Didn't realize that and while at work, my central heat started kicking in and warmed up the empty house. Manually had to lower the temp. To add salt to the injury, you can not set time while not connected to almond plus locally.
:-(

LGNilsson

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2015, 06:59:49 am »
I've been told that this has been fixed for the next release.

Offline grouter

• Beta Testers
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2015, 01:12:46 am »
Fwiw, I'm running 70as with several static assignments and reboot lots and haven't seen the issue described here. Also never saw the issue with several prior firmware revisions.

One difference in our setups is that I have no port forwarding configured.

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 17 queries.