bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: API for new or custom devices  (Read 7232 times)

Offline d.kiran

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
API for new or custom devices
« on: March 01, 2015, 01:01:19 pm »
Is there a plan to have an API to add custom devices? I am looking mainly for API based options. For IP based stuff, you would have customizable REST APIs. It would be awesome if you could implement websockets.

LGNilsson

Re: API for new or custom devices
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2015, 02:08:48 am »
There has been talks about doing something, but I don't know when we'll have something.

Offline d.kiran

• Backer
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2015, 08:37:46 pm »
Thanks Lars. I think this is key to long term success for Securifi. I have seen so many startups come and go. The key is for you to build a community, have extensive support for devices (a large community goes hand-in-hand with that) and enable the community to add new stuff (easy to use API/SDK). I look at the potential of Almond+ with IP based, zigbee and z-wave devices and I think we are not even at 10% of what it can do, two years after backing it on Kickstarter.

I love the hardware and the work you guys are putting in. I am somewhat worried that someone out there might innovate faster than you :-) .

Offline matt

• Backer
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2015, 06:43:57 pm »
Thanks Lars. I think this is key to long term success for Securifi. I have seen so many startups come and go. The key is for you to build a community, have extensive support for devices (a large community goes hand-in-hand with that) and enable the community to add new stuff (easy to use API/SDK). I look at the potential of Almond+ with IP based, zigbee and z-wave devices and I think we are not even at 10% of what it can do, two years after backing it on Kickstarter.

I love the hardware and the work you guys are putting in. I am somewhat worried that someone out there might innovate faster than you :-) .

I agree, it's something I've been wanting since the start too. For me, I would be perfectly happy with even the ability to add devices through SDK callbacks/extensions, but I guess it would get greater adoption with API/webhooks.

Offline kristopher_d

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2018, 07:43:03 pm »
Nearly 3 years later and no progress.  I'm really rather frustrated that I trusted you folks when you advertised "Home Automation" and I bought the Almond+.  So many Zigbee and Z-Wave devices either don't work at all, or don't work properly it's really rather absurd.  Just let us define our own devices (and custom triggers via webhook, etc).

Offline lucasrangit

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2018, 11:34:56 am »
Nearly 3 years later and no progress.  I'm really rather frustrated that I trusted you folks when you advertised "Home Automation" and I bought the Almond+.  So many Zigbee and Z-Wave devices either don't work at all, or don't work properly it's really rather absurd.  Just let us define our own devices (and custom triggers via webhook, etc).

I agree with @kristopher_d . Because of lack of device support (key fob, ceiling fan controller) my next hub will be a SmartThings hub. SmartThings has great custom device support.

https://docs.smartthings.com/en/latest/device-type-developers-guide/quick-start.html

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 21 queries.