bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: V0.3.15b Impressions  (Read 20726 times)

LGNilsson

Re: V0.3.15b Impressions
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2015, 04:56:28 pm »
With regards to the app, it's available through Google play, but they don't always roll out updates at the same time to everyone. Please check Google play for updates.

Offline tt4me

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2015, 12:28:55 am »
Guys, please update your firmware via the LCD to R070as, it should fix some of the issues. I'm at MWC in Barcelona this week, hence the lack of info about this. Sorry  :-[

Updated and all seems to be working well. 

Hoping that the app will 'know' whether I'm home or away on its own in the near future.

Regardless, I'm enjoying the progress lately. Thank you Securifi!

Offline w0b

• Peanut
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2015, 05:38:16 am »
Hoping that the app will 'know' whether I'm home or away on its own in the near future.

Oh yes i am VERY excited about that possibility, however this has been damped somewhat by this comment by Amritendu

http://forum.securifi.com/index.php/topic,2836.0.html

Who seems to imply that logic of what device is connected to the router will *never* be used, which is a huge missed opportunity :(

LGNilsson

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2015, 09:41:33 am »
Please ignore his comment, he's part of the support team and doesn't have a full insight on how things work. This should be possible and it's something that has already been discussed.

Offline tt4me

• Backer
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2015, 09:46:58 am »
Please ignore his comment, he's part of the support team and doesn't have a full insight on how things work. This should be possible and it's something that has already been discussed.

Glad to hear it.

Thanks for all that you do Lars.

Offline rldreams

• Beta Testers
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2015, 11:19:12 am »
Okay updated everything last night. Android to 0.3.15b , peanut firmware to whatever that update is ,and A+ to R070as. Now I can't control peanut through app at all, but it works fine via LCD and web UIs.
Peanut was showing as "unsupported device" in app, but logging out of app ,rebooting router, then power cycling peanut then logging back in to app fixed that. I still can not do anything via the app though.
 I uninstalled and did a clean install of the app on both phone and tablet . They still are not showing proper status and any attempt yo turn lights on/off just sits and spins at "updating sensor data" but doesn't actually turn off/on. Peanut is back to showing as unsupported device.
 I have resorted to using the web UI via the browser to turn lights off/on.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 03:52:29 pm by rldreams »

LGNilsson

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2015, 05:00:55 pm »
You need to remove and reset them and add them again. Forgot to mention this, but they've changed the device type. This is so we can do firmware updates OTA once we're ready with the firmware for the plug that will support power monitoring.

Offline rldreams

• Beta Testers
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2015, 10:50:06 pm »
You need to remove and reset them and add them again. Forgot to mention this, but they've changed the device type. This is so we can do firmware updates OTA once we're ready with the firmware for the plug that will support power monitoring.

I did remove and re-add the peanut, that was how I discovered and updated the peanut firmware. Which led to updating the app and A+ FW. Are you saying I need to remove and re-add all the sensors to have them work with the updated app ?

LGNilsson

« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2015, 02:08:00 am »
No, not if you already did that. Not sure what's going on, but I've asked the software team, so let's see what they say.

Offline rldreams

• Beta Testers
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2015, 10:16:28 pm »
Well ,I don't know what they did, but everything is suddenly back working as it should. So thanks.

Offline w0b

• Peanut
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2015, 02:41:44 pm »
One thing that being notified 3x an hour by my 3 sensors that nothings changed (lol) has let me see quite clearly, is that the app could do with a small tweak!

Neither the android app's notification, nor the corresponding android wear one, mention very clearly the event!

http://i.imgur.com/SNgytwr.jpg

So every time the sensor pushes the notification (which is awesome) i have to open the phone to view the logs, which look most often like this

http://imgur.com/q2PLr2C.jpg

the Android Wear integration for your app is limited to 'dismiss' or 'open on phone', so I can't tell if a door has been opened without opening my phone and the app and checking.

even if the Wear integration goes no further, having the state appear in the notification, rather than "Front Door's value Changed at 12:06"  I'd much rather "Front Door Closed: 12:06" or "Front Door Open: 12:06", so allow me to either dismiss or take action without needing to query the app for state.

Obviously this becomes less important if the false reports are eliminated!

Apologies if this falls into pedantic rather than constructive feedback.

LGNilsson

« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2015, 05:05:54 pm »
Not pedantic at all, but keep in mind that this is the first release with notifications, so there's plenty things to be done still.

Offline devi

• Securifi Staff
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2015, 09:48:45 pm »
Obviously this becomes less important if the false reports are eliminated!
Which firmware are you using, because I saw from the screenshot that you are getting notifications every 1 hour for battery operated devices. Motion Sensor, Door Sensor are giving its state information even though nothing changed.

We fixed this in the latest firmware 70as, you wont receive unwanted notifications in this, hopefully not. If you are already using 70as, then there is a bug,  please send logs.

Offline xtbs26

• Chestnut
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2015, 08:12:10 am »
No connection at all with the app this morning. Is it an app problem or is the "cloud" down?

Offline tt4me

• Backer
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2015, 08:51:46 am »
No connection at all with the app this morning. Is it an app problem or is the "cloud" down?

I'm guessing it's a cloud thing as I can't get logged into https://connect.securifi.com/ either.

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 16 queries.

bottleneck