Choose style:

Author Topic: Hello everyone  (Read 3293 times)

Offline digitalhinge

• Kickstarter Developer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Hello everyone
« on: July 25, 2013, 07:24:26 pm »
Hello everyone,

I am in to home automation using smartphone.
I often see a thick manual on how to configure home automation system and hard to understand programming language. I was hoping to create a easy to use and config system. Many people put off by complex system and cost. I hope more people will use home automation to save energy and enjoy using them.

LGNilsson

Re: Hello everyone
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 08:08:28 pm »
Hi digitalhinge,

Welcome to the forums.

I hope that the Almond+ will meet your expectations of ease of use, at least we're trying our very best to come up with a solution that should make a lot of this stuff easier to use. I can only agree with you that some of the products currently in the market are anything but easy to use.

Cheers

/Lars

Offline Patrick Wilson

• Cashew
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Hello everyone
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2013, 06:05:20 am »

I am in to home automation using smartphone.
I often see a thick manual on how to configure home automation system and hard to understand programming language. I was hoping to create a easy to use and config system. Many people put off by complex system and cost. I hope more people will use home automation to save energy and enjoy using them.

I have to confess that this has been my impression of Home Automation of yesteryear as well.  In this multivendor jungle that Home Automation products are maturing into,  I too am hoping that Securifi's Almond+ product is able to blend different devices from multiple vendors into a single homogenous interface. 

Price and complicated manuals have kept me out of Home Automation for a long time.  Like yourself I have always been interested,  but I somehow never got there.  Hopefully as a community we can work together as sounding boards for each other,  and we can learn to use this interesting technology in new ways.  I too want my Home Automation to be no further away than my Android phone,   and I want to be able to control my home both locally within my network,  and remotely across the Internet.   

I already use things like WOL (Wake-On LAN) and RDP/VNC techologies to control my computer environment,  but this will be my first effort in the world of Home Automation.  I guess we'll soon be learning from each other as a community.   

Welcome to the Securifi Forums.  I hope you will visit us regularly. 
Patrick Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 17 queries.

bottleneck