bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Set home and Away mode  (Read 8102 times)

Offline jcodyn

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Set home and Away mode
« on: March 10, 2015, 09:38:36 am »
Are there any plans to have the app set the home and away mode based on MAC ID  of devices?  I think this would be a great feature, as you could set your phones MAC ID to trigger home and away.
Basically, have it so when your phone connects to the router it sets it to home and when it disconnects it sets it to away.
I would really like to see this feature.

Offline mparadis

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Set home and Away mode
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 10:21:43 am »
It has been discussed in a number of threads and Securifi IPAs said it is possible to build out rules based on this. No idea when it'll be available or if they are working on the feature yet.

Offline jrwhitehead

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2015, 10:19:02 am »
BUMP!

Very handy feature request that had been discussed by many.

I really hope this is being looked into.

Cheers
James
------------
KICKSTARTER BACKER!!

Offline Petermann

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2015, 01:56:57 pm »
Are there any plans to have the app set the home and away mode based on MAC ID  of devices?  I think this would be a great feature, as you could set your phones MAC ID to trigger home and away.
Basically, have it so when your phone connects to the router it sets it to home and when it disconnects it sets it to away.
I would really like to see this feature.

With the latest beta firmware on my router and Securifi app, I've been able to do exactly that. I set my phone as a "presence sensor" through the web GUI (there is an option), then I go to rules and create an "event=if my phone leaves", then set the next sequence to "switch to "away" mode". I do the reverse when I get back "event: when my phone joins the WiFi" then set to "switch to "home" mode". It works for me. I even created another rule that turns on my lamp via a Securifi peanut smart plug, so my light turns on in the house when my phone joins the network, as I'm walking up to it. I think it's pretty cool even though it's so simple. Not sure if that's what you were asking about.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 02:11:17 pm by Petermann »

Offline BikerBob

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2015, 03:19:04 pm »
Pettermann,
That sounds like a great idea!  Thanks for sharing... anxious for the next firmware release so I can try that.  But maybe to get the "next firmware release" I will have to become a beta tester like everyone else... seems like the only way to get updated firmware for the last three months... frustrating...
Bob
Almond+ | Android App | Peanut Plugs | OSRAM Lightify LED/A19/DIM/RGB

Offline Petermann

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2015, 07:07:48 pm »
Pettermann,
That sounds like a great idea!  Thanks for sharing... anxious for the next firmware release so I can try that.  But maybe to get the "next firmware release" I will have to become a beta tester like everyone else... seems like the only way to get updated firmware for the last three months... frustrating...
Bob

BikerBob,

Yes, I highly recommend getting in on the beta updates options.

I'm not sure which version the "presence sensor" feature was added but I was using it before on previous FW versions. I'm not able to log into the router at the moment, but one way to check if you have that option (and if memory serves me correctly and I apologize in advance if this is incorrect info) is to log into your router via the web GUI, then under "Devices and Users" scroll down to the bottom and you should see a list of devices connected to your network with their MAC addresses. There should be some option to click on the device (your phone) and choose more options (I think there is a wrench or something) and in the pop-out info menu, you should have the option to name that device, select whether it's "wired" or "wireless", select what type of device it is "iphone" or "smartphone" etc and if you have the FW with that feature, you should see an option to "Use as a presence sensor" (though I'm not sure which FW version they introduced the option). It's worth checking your router because that option might already be there. If you can't figure out which MAC address belongs to your phone, you can always look up the MAC address vendor from a lookup site like this www.macvendors.com/.

If anyone reading this has access to an Almond + router and notices my info is incorrect, please list the correct way to do this so I don't confuse anyone looking for a way to add a phone as a presence sensor. Thanks.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 07:11:37 pm by Petermann »

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 20 queries.

bottleneck