Choose style:

Author Topic: Multiple SSID's  (Read 4454 times)

Offline jnowland

• Beta Testers
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Multiple SSID's
« on: February 04, 2015, 11:31:55 am »
I see the option to configure a Guest SSID however, is there anything coming in the future to allow for multiple SSID's other than the Guest?

Offline jjhung88

• Peanut
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Multiple SSID's
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2015, 12:47:03 pm »
I second that. I used to have ddwrt and I was able to set up one for WEP and one for WPA. It would be a nice feature to have.

Does anyone know if there is a place to put in suggestion for features?

Offline marcosgomez427

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 01:32:32 pm »
I third this. I have an old Netgear WNDR3700 where I have a primary network with its own SSID and a guest network with a different SSID in a separate zone (can't communicate with wired or wireless clients on the primary network, but can communicate with other wireless clients on the guest network), but I can't figure out how to enable this same functionality on my Almond+. No matter what I try I cannot get clients on the guest network SSID to communicate with each other. I've tried working in both the OpenWRT web interface and SSHing in and editing config files directly. See my previous post about this: http://forum.securifi.com/index.php?topic=1513.msg4727

The general OpenWRT release allows multiple SSIDs for each radio (see http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/recipes/guest-wlan-webinterface), but this functionality seems to be missing from the version included with the Almond+. According to my research both the AR9580 (2.4 GHz Wi-Fi chip) and the QCA9880 (5 GHz Wi-Fi chip) in the Almond+ are capable of multiple SSID's hardware-wise, so is this a limitation with the current drivers the Almond+ uses or is there a software limitation somewhere else? Will this be enabled in the future?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Offline marcosgomez427

• Backer
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2015, 12:27:19 pm »
Can someone from Securifi, like Lars, please respond to this inquiry? The three of us would like to know if this feature will be included in a future firmware update, and I would like to know if my brand new Almond+ will never have a feature that even my 5-year-old Netgear WNDR3700 has. Thanks.

Offline mparadis

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2015, 12:36:19 pm »

Offline marcosgomez427

• Backer
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2015, 06:13:53 pm »
Thanks, mparadis. It would have been nice if someone from Securify had pointed that out being that this thread started over a month ago.

LGNilsson

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2015, 07:39:35 am »
So far I'm not aware of any work being done to add support for additional SSID's beyond the guest networks.

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 21 queries.

bottleneck