Choose style:

Author Topic: Android App Updates  (Read 4234 times)

Offline varundev

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Android App Updates
« on: March 16, 2015, 10:43:48 am »
Here are some questions/suggestions for the Android App.

1.  Need to be able to clear notifications. Choices should be individual clearing by swipe away, by date range, or clear all. When testing sensors, this fills up quickly.
2.  Need to be able to create rules on Android App and upload to Almond+.
3.  Need to be able to enable/disable rules from Android App based on home/away. When using the Almond+ as an alarm hub, you don't want the alarm rules to run when you are home. It would be annoying to hear the siren going off while you're at home. You should be able to leave the house and set away mode from your phone to enable the alarm-away rule.
4.  Should be able to have two different home modes so you can set alarm-stay rules to ignore motion sensors while at home.

My major use of the Almond+ is for home security since many companies don't offer the flexibility that we need. By we I mean this community of Almond+ users. I'm sure many want alarm functionality from this device.

Offline hiero

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Android App Updates
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2015, 11:28:55 am »
Actually, the home/away functionality is there now. If you update the router and the app to the latest, you should get a small icon in the top right of the app in the form of a small house with a person in it. If you tap it, it will change the icon to a person going out of the house which is the 'away' mode and you can then set your notifications based on whether they alarm when away or home.

Offline varundev

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2015, 07:27:02 pm »
Reading my post I guess I wasn't really clear.  For the home away, I was referring to 3 different modes.  I was thinking about the use as an alarm where you have arm-stay and arm-away.  Home would be alarm off.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 07:35:37 pm by varundev »

Offline multisystemelectronics

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2015, 08:05:39 am »
You can try and go through it... Open the Play Store app on your Android and slide out the left menu. Open the settings, and look for the entry labeled "Auto-update apps."

Offline multisystemelectronics

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2015, 05:59:59 am »
Open the Play Store app on your Android and slide out the left menu. Open the settings, and look for the entry labeled "Auto-update apps." Tap on it, and you'll have the choice to update apps over Wifi only, update apps over any connection (this might use lots of data) or to turn off automatic updates.

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 17 queries.

bottleneck