bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Sounder/Flasher  (Read 5431 times)

Offline dmwyatt

• Beta Testers
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Sounder/Flasher
« on: March 17, 2015, 09:53:39 am »
I am looking for a device to sound in the house to alert me to events. I do not want anything as loud as an alarm siren -- just a moderate volume chirp or beep to let me know things like a gate or door is open.  I would prefer it to plug it into the wall to eliminate the need for batteries. A flashing light function would be nice as well but not necessary. Has anyone seen a product like this?

Don

Offline mparadis

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Sounder/Flasher
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2015, 11:04:08 am »
Aeon labs siren has a number of sounds and you can test them out on their website. What you want is a quiet siren, I don't know if any are adjustable to volume as I don't have one yet myself.

Offline xtbs26

• Chestnut
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2015, 10:10:12 am »
I am looking for a device to sound in the house to alert me to events. I do not want anything as loud as an alarm siren -- just a moderate volume chirp or beep to let me know things like a gate or door is open.  I would prefer it to plug it into the wall to eliminate the need for batteries. A flashing light function would be nice as well but not necessary. Has anyone seen a product like this?

Don

I have a setup where I use a GE Link bulb in a lamp in the living room that we don't use much. I have a tilt sensor on the garage door and I have a rule set up that if, between 8PM and 11PM,, the garage door reads "Open", then turn on the lamp. So if I see that lamp on at night, I know that we left the garage door open. Works like a charm.

Offline rldreams

• Beta Testers
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2015, 07:58:17 pm »
I want one of those "quiet" sirens for the freezer. If door is open >2 minutes than sound alarm. I'm getting tired of people leaving the door open and icecream being soft, ice cubes all frozen together

Offline dmwyatt

• Beta Testers
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2015, 09:50:19 pm »
I have ordered a piezo buzzer off of ebay.  I am going to use and old plug in power supply wired directly into the buzzer and switch it with the peanut that came with my Almond +.  It will be a rather inexpensive solution is it works well.  I will let you know when it comes in and is all hooked up.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161155938850?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Offline SecureComp

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2015, 06:24:16 pm »
I know this is an old post but today I applied a simple solution for the problem described above.

One option might be to use the Utilitech Siren on the lowest sound setting (it has 2, the lowest being 80 decibels) and have it activate for 1 second when triggered by the door opening or whatever.

I've done it with a Rule Set and it works well.
You can setup the Rule to chirp for 1 second, wait X seconds and chirp again as many times as you want. Even add a more significant pattern, 3 short chirps, wait 5 seconds, 3 more chirps for garage door, 1 chirp for backdoor, etc.

A little loud, but not bad, and pretty brief, costs $29 and can be used as the standard Alarm/Siren/Strobe for the rest of the system.

Ideally I'd like to see the Aeon Siren with multiple sounds working with the Almond+.
Kickstarter Backer
Securifi Wiki Editor and Beta Tester, Not a Securifi employee
Almond+, many sensors, IOS App, Android Apps and Widgets

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 16 queries.