Choose style:

Author Topic: Tilt Sensor  (Read 13105 times)

Offline tt4me

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Tilt Sensor
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2015, 10:04:33 am »
What is the advantage to a tilt sensor over a standard door sensor?

I'm using a door sensor (DWZWAVE2-ECO) on my garage door and it's working great, but was just curious if I was missing something.

Offline KP4

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2015, 11:01:02 am »
What is the advantage to a tilt sensor over a standard door sensor?

I'm using a door sensor (DWZWAVE2-ECO) on my garage door and it's working great, but was just curious if I was missing something.
The questions/answers at Amazon state that some have difficulty aligning regular door/window sensors on the typical garage door rails; therefore it takes a slight modification.  No problem using those sensors with the screw type garage opener, since the sensors can mount on the screw mechanism guide instead of the actual door.  They also stated that the metal doors and rails might interfere with the magnet in the sensor, and that under certain windy conditions the door might rattle and trigger false alarms (which I don't think would happen if properly mounted).

Offline mparadis

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2015, 11:02:47 am »
I believe some pending garage doors openers can also tell you how far open it is based on the tilt sensor for cases of it being opened manually.

Offline tt4me

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2015, 11:11:10 am »
The questions/answers at Amazon state that some have difficulty aligning regular door/window sensors on the typical garage door rails; therefore it takes a slight modification.  No problem using those sensors with the screw type garage opener, since the sensors can mount on the screw mechanism guide instead of the actual door.  They also stated that the metal doors and rails might interfere with the magnet in the sensor, and that under certain windy conditions the door might rattle and trigger false alarms (which I don't think would happen if properly mounted).

Thank you for your response.  Mine is mounted to the frame and to the door itself, and so far so good.

I appreciate your time.

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 21 queries.