Choose style:

Author Topic: Almond does not see 5G network  (Read 6926 times)

Offline Spline64

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Almond does not see 5G network
« on: March 23, 2015, 12:31:54 pm »
Hello,

We have an Almond that had been working as a range extender for our 5G signal from a Netgear R7000 router. That router has since died and was replaced with a Asus RT-AC66U which also has 5G capability.
My issue is that while the Almond does see the 2.4G network and can connect no problem, it doesn't even list the 5G network. The two mobile devices that I checked do see the 5G network and can connect, it's just the Almond that can't see it. I have even placed the Almond next to the router and it still doesn't see the 5G.
Is there a setting in either the router or the Almond that will allow it to be seen? I have updated the software but that didn't seem to help.

Thanks,
Spline64

venkatch

Re: Almond does not see 5G network
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 01:22:02 pm »
HI,
 Can you please confirm if the device that you have is Almond or Almond+. If it is Almond device, it does not support 5G. As of now only A+ supports 5G.

Thanks & Regards
Venkat

Offline Spline64

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2015, 06:40:40 pm »
Thanks for the reply!
I found the box and it indeed only states in the technical specs that it supports 2.4 Ghz for 802.11b/g/n

I wonder how was it seeing the other wireless connection from the R7000 at 5G? It shouldn't be able to even pick up this frequency.

Thanks,
Pat

Amritendu

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2015, 11:17:03 am »
Technically the first generation Almond won't be able to pick/sense/broadcast anything remotely 5GHz as the hardware isn't equipped for that. If possible check if the 2.4 GHz network of the Netgear R7000 was named as 5G! That's quite common.

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 16 queries.

bottleneck