Choose style:

Author Topic: Keyfob arming rules?  (Read 6066 times)

Offline Fire69

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Keyfob arming rules?
« on: March 11, 2015, 06:24:45 pm »
I was wondering how you would make rules for the keyfobs to activate your alarm.

I have 4 keyfobs (there are 4 people in my house).
This would be a possible scenario:
When I go to bed as the last one, I press the Arm button on my keyfob, its status changes to "All armed".  But the other keyfobs stay "All disarmed".
The next morning, my wife uses her keyfob to disarm the alarm, her status changes to "All disarmed", but mine stays at "All armed".
So when the motion sensor detects motion, or someone opens the front door, the siren would still go off, right!?  :-\

Would I have to make multipe rules to take into account all the different keyfobs??

Offline umar

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Keyfob arming rules?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 07:06:10 pm »
Hi

I have four fob also for now I use two one with my car key and the second with house key .so I created a rule like when my car key fob armed and the door is open then turn on siren ...and when car key fob pressed the dearm button then turn off siren ...I created the same rule for the second house key fob also .when I arm with my car key fob It changed to armed  in the status but with the second key fob the status is still dearmed but the rule is activated ..same thing if I deactive the siren from the house keyfob the car keyfob does not change to dearmed but the Siren is deactivated....

And yes the siren will go off because your wife deactivated the siren your status does not changed but the siren is off ...

Yes Somtimes its confuse ...it Will be fine when one keyfob change the status it have to change the status to all keyfob ....
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 07:12:11 pm by umar »
Almond + with 3 Open close sensors,2 Water sensors,4 Key fobs,1 Motion sensor,Everspring SE 812 siren,Fibaro FGWPE-101 zwave wall plug,3 Philips Hue Bulbs. Everspring wall plug AN180-6,Everspring zwave plus micro module dimmer AD146,Fibaro motion sensor,Fibaro smoke sensor,Fibaro Flood sensor

Offline Blueiris8

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2015, 11:18:18 am »
Yeah, you need to be able to trigger key fobs.  So that when you press arm on yours, it arms yours wife's also.  That way they stay in sync.  I have fobs also, and at this point they are useless for arming the system if you have more than one fob,  but useful for other things like press arm and the lights come on.

LGNilsson

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2015, 11:38:47 pm »
I've passed on the feedback to our software team.

Offline jlarkin0

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2015, 01:14:03 pm »
The other thing that would be useful for the fob is to be able to set the system to "away" and to "home"  - or at least I can't see how to do this.

LGNilsson

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2015, 12:02:12 am »
It's not supported yet, it should be in the next firmware (not in R072 that was just released).

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 18 queries.