Choose style:

Author Topic: Extender setup seems fine, but devices can't connect to it. Password problem?  (Read 4334 times)

Offline mbbusch

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
I’ve been using the Almond as an extender for the past year without any problems. I replaced my router with an Actiontec C1000A and now am having issues connecting to the Almond from other devices. The Almond seems to be set up as an extender correctly. It finds the new router without problem and connects to it (everything is green). I even upgraded the Almond software wirelessly, so the Almond itself is connected to the router. The Almond lists its SSID and password to use to connect to it. The Almond shows up on other devices as a wireless connection option. The problem comes in when I try connecting to the Almond. It says the password is incorrect or fails. I’m entering the password that it says to use, which is the same as the one I use to connect to the router. It is 16 characters and has a dash (-) in it. I tried changing the password in the Almond to the same 10 character one used before that worked, but that didn’t work either. I’ve tried connecting from 4 different devices, both Android and Mac, but nothing was able to connect.

The status says it's in "range extender" mode and that it is connected. The internet is DHCP. It lists the SSID and Password (these are too long to see all of the characters). The security is WEPAUTO and encryption is WEP. It lists the IP and MAC addresses (all of the MAC address are the same).

Any ideas?

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
@ mbbusch,

Please perform a factory reset properly and reconfigure it back in the Range Extender mode, which should resolve the issue. To do so, press and hold the reset button (just above the power plug) for 5 seconds and release it. Please do let us know the status.

Offline mbbusch

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Thanks Ashok. That fixed it.

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
@ mbbusch,

You are most welcome and glad to hear that the issue is resolved.

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 19 queries.