bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: DLNA, Mount Points, FTP  (Read 28744 times)

Offline sorphin

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: DLNA, Mount Points, FTP
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2014, 02:52:12 am »
Is there any plan on replacing ufsd with ntfs-3g? I've just learned the hard way that the Paragon driver has very poor support regarding symlinks and hardlinks  :(

Also, it would be nice to have openssh, which supports sftp.

It appears the router wants to be able to do sftp, but the binary isn't included... that said, most embedded platforms don't use openssh, they use dropbear, because it's more lightweight than openssh is.

LGNilsson

« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2014, 03:05:37 am »
Is there any plan on replacing ufsd with ntfs-3g? I've just learned the hard way that the Paragon driver has very poor support regarding symlinks and hardlinks  :(

Also, it would be nice to have openssh, which supports sftp.

Afraid not, but we're looking at another option, it's just not the highest priority right now, as we have a lot more pressing issues to fix first.

Offline agiannot

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2014, 07:12:48 am »
Has there been any updates on this?  I updated to R069 firmware and still have the problem where my MacBook Pro can not copy files to an attached hard drive.  I am getting a "no available space" error (even though the USB harddrive is empty and a windows 7 PC can add files with no problems). 

One other user on the blog mentioned creating new mount points within the samba.conf file will fix the problem.  Using the web api, I believe you can add custom mount points, but that doesn't seem to cure the problem.  One thing to note, when adding new mount points using the web api, you need to reboot the Almond+ for the mount point to be created.

Can someone from the development team possibly provide instructions on how to use the "mount" feature in the webAPI?  Also is there a workaround that can be applied to get this to work?  Lastly, when do you think this will be fixed?

LGNilsson

« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2014, 12:25:25 am »
Afraid not  :-\ :-[

Offline cff

• Backer
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2015, 04:52:07 pm »
Any updates on progress for OSX writes? This has been a "soon to be fixed" issue since July ; )

LGNilsson

« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2015, 11:34:17 pm »
It'll be fixed in this weeks beta release that we'll give everyone access to.
Apologies in the delay of getting this fixed, but it has been properly addressed now.

Offline cff

• Backer
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2015, 05:26:31 pm »
Thanks for the update. Does this mean this issue was resolved in R09cb? I didn't see it listed in the release notes.

Thanks again.

LGNilsson

« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2015, 12:15:49 am »
Yes, my bad, I forgot to add it. Had too many release notes for various internal releases to go over and I missed in the rush this morning, as I posted it from the show floor.

Offline lashanw

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2015, 08:07:59 pm »
Hi,

I connected a USB drive (WD passport 1 TB) to my almond plus and follow the instructions in the link below. However, when trying to add the network location it cannot find the "share" folder. If I do a \\almondplus from win explorer I don't see any folders. I am on win 8.1 and USB drive is NTFS. Is there anything else I need to do besides the FTP/SAMBA settings?
http://wiki.securifi.com/index.php?title=Network_storage_-_Almond%2B_2014

LGNilsson

« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2015, 11:49:33 pm »
Things changed in R072 and I haven't had a chance to update the instructions yet.
I'll try to get that done today.

LGNilsson

« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2015, 05:35:12 am »
Instructions have been updated, as it was only a minor change from the the default of share to whatever the volume name of the drive is.

Offline tristin

• Backer
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2015, 07:38:16 pm »
I just attempted to mount an external drive and I'm getting the same issue that lashanw reported. I am updated to the newest firmware and I've followed the instructions as best as I can understand them, but I get the error stating, "The folder you entered does not appear to be valid."

My drive shows the following address: "/mnt/usb/Backup2TB"
I have tried entering the network path as the following:

"\\ALMONDPLUS\Backup2TB"
"\\ALMONDPLUS\usb\Backup2TB"
"\\ALMONDPLUS\mnt\usb\Backup2TB"
"\\ALMONDPLUS\mnt\Backup2TB"
"\\ALMONDPLUS\share"

None of them worked. I've triple-checked that I'm using the correct password. Any advice?

LGNilsson

« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2015, 11:39:51 pm »
If you click on Mount Points in the Advanced settings in the local web UI you should see what the mount point is.
For example - /mnt/usb/test
That would end up being "\\ALMONDPLUS\test" when you mount the drive.

I'm not sure why it's not working for you though, as it should as long as you've enabled Samba under Advanced FTP/SAMBA in the local web UI, as it's disabled by default.

Offline dentaro16

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2015, 01:51:20 am »
same issue as tristin.

as soon as I updated the firmware, it was rejecting my NTFS drive because it was too big. wouldnt even mount it.

got it mounted with UFSD but now it wont connect in SAMBA

tried all the naming conventions as tristin. no dice.

here is my relevant syslog?

Apr 20 05:42:18 AlmondPlus kern.notice kernel: ufsd:uni2char (iso8859-1) failed:

maybe this means something? or maybe there is another way to use a volume larger than 2TB+?

This was working in the firmware that was shipped with it, no problem... what changed?

LGNilsson

« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2015, 02:05:01 am »
We had reports of some mounting issues and made some change, I don't know exactly what was changed though.
The next firmware will have an updated version of Samba that will hopefully solve all the issues once and for all.

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 18 queries.