Choose style:

Author Topic: R72 - Osram Lightify A60 RGBW bugs  (Read 3511 times)

Offline sfalc

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
R72 - Osram Lightify A60 RGBW bugs
« on: April 01, 2015, 03:23:13 am »
There are several bugs in the handling of the Osram Lightify Zigbee A60 RGBW bulbs. Some were present in the 70as Beta release and some are new and some are fixed.

Fixed bugs:
Lightify UI no longer crashes Zigbee system when one touches the "white hue" setting in the bulbs hue settings (far right of the color settings bar) this previously necessitated  a reboot of the Almond+ to make Zigbee work again.

Present bugs:
1. Missing UI for bulb in Web and App as well as rules.

2.0 Saturation slider always shows 0% - this did work in 70as beta
2.1 Interactions in the hue settings generally requires two clicks to work. So if I set the color to blue while the saturation is 99% the bulb turns a  pure white. If and only if I then set the saturation to 99% once more will the bulb actually turn blue.
2.1 Hue color strip setting now also changes white point i.e the leftmost red part, now changes the bulb to a orange hue, previously (in the 70as beta) and more logically it was a pure red (100% R). I must strongly urge you to separate the RGB and W part of the bulb. So that the saturation slider is the only way to mix them. I.e with 100% saturation and hue set at leftmost part of the color strip, the bulb color should be 100% red. When the hue slider is moved lower, the current whitepoint of the W-led is then mixed in to the light.

2.2 Related when the hue is changed the bulb defaults to a cold white light, separated from the current whitepoint setting, until the saturation slider is moved.

3.0 whitepoint temperature color bar slider only uses part of the bar, a better way would be to stretch the usable area so to facilitate more precise control
3.1 Please include numeric control of white point. Currently, it is impossible to get back to a predefined color temperature. 
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 03:24:55 am by sfalc »
Almond+ with 2 dimmer switches, 2 binary on/off switches, 1 Qubino Flush dimmer, 1 Aeontec micro dimmer, 1 Fibaro Dimmer 2, 1 Lightify RGBW bulb, 2 Lightify Flex RGBW Led strip, 1 WeMo Bulb, 1 Fibaro magnetic door sensor, Vision PIR & temperature sensor.

LGNilsson

Re: R72 - Osram Lightify A60 RGBW bugs
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2015, 04:24:06 am »
1. Not really a bug, it's simply a missing feature as we haven't added support in the other UI's yet, but it's coming.

2.0/2.1 The UI does need work, but also keep in mind that the LCD UI isn't supposed to be the main UI for controlling your bulbs, so please see 1.
That said, I'm not having any issues with the saturation slider, mine is currently at 99%, but it's a little bit glitchy and imprecise if anything.
I'm not seeing any issues with the hue controls either as per your two 2.1's.

2.2 Not seeing this either.

3.0 Yes, we're aware of this, but it's not possible for us to know which colour temperature a specific bulb supports. So say Osram for example does 2,000-6,500K on their RGBW bulb, but the white/yellow bulb with colour temperature control only does 2,700-6,500K. The ZigBee standard doesn't include a means for us to tell the one from the other, so what should we do? That said, the scale seems to be a bit excessively long on the higher-end and I'll talk to the software team to see if we can cut that part and extend the lower end instead.

3.1 I'll suggest that they add this to the web UI and apps, the LCD is what it is and is again, as I said not the main UI for controlling things.

Question, did you unpair and repair your bulb after moving to R072 from whatever firmware you were on? This might help solve the issues as we've made a bunch of changes and it's possible that this is causing some problems. To unpair the bulb, go to Edit, Remove in Connected Sensors, as this will automagically reset the bulb so you don't have to do the tedious manual reset of the bulb.

Offline sfalc

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 07:52:12 am »
I did reset and add the bulb after upgrading. Redid it once more thought, after a cold boot, and now it works better.

1. Of course, just thought it would be redundant to add a feature request.
2. Totally agree, I'm eagerly awaiting the App and Web UI.

3. How is the temperature set? Is it by sending a specific Kelvin value ie 2700 k 2899k etc or by specifying a value between 0-255?
If it is in absolute temperatures then just make the user set the range of the bulb in the WebUI.
If it is in a range, then the default colour temperature could be used as a reference. By querying the bulb for its current temperature knowing that the default is 2800 K and getting for example 63 that would mean that 63=2800K and 0=2000K and 255= 6500K, just as an example.
Then it is easy to back-calculate the function T=a*relValue.

Remaining issue:
In the settings for hue, when one lowers the saturation, the white light that is mixed in has a different (very cold) temperature, not related to the color temperature set on the whitepoint slider. So for 0% saturation the white light is very white :)

« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 12:43:16 pm by sfalc »
Almond+ with 2 dimmer switches, 2 binary on/off switches, 1 Qubino Flush dimmer, 1 Aeontec micro dimmer, 1 Fibaro Dimmer 2, 1 Lightify RGBW bulb, 2 Lightify Flex RGBW Led strip, 1 WeMo Bulb, 1 Fibaro magnetic door sensor, Vision PIR & temperature sensor.

LGNilsson

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2015, 01:05:10 am »
Not sure, but I've passed on your suggestion to the software team.

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 22 queries.