Choose style:

Author Topic: Issues with Sonos and AT&T's MicroCell  (Read 3073 times)

Offline djrumour

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Issues with Sonos and AT&T's MicroCell
« on: March 30, 2015, 11:04:32 am »
Hi guys, this is my first post here just got the Almond+ but since day one I am having problems with AT&T's MicroCell (wired connection) and Sonos (wireless connection) they just disappear and then come back online after some time. Also i was having trouble with cloud being intermittently offline over the weekend.

Second minor issue IP's keep on changing its a problem for me, since my NAS (wired connection) and raspberry pi (running kodi, wired connection) I have to search them before I can access them via their respective apps since the IPs keep on changing around, and totally random this was not the case with my earlier routers (asus running Tomato USB) they were in some sequence at least for wired connection, I had restricted the number of devices that can connect to asus to 15, may be that's y there were in that limited range of 192.168.0.100  to  xx.xx.xx.115? 

Thanks.

Offline joltdude

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Issues with Sonos and AT&T's MicroCell
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 06:23:12 pm »
Sonos is probably a multicast/mDNS/Avahi issue of some sort..... and AT&T issue is probably related to ALG/VOIP/SIP issues..
Not sure quite how to attack these on an Almond+... but at least theres a starting point for you.. Im not the most saavy user of OpenWRT....

-J

LGNilsson

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 02:16:06 am »
You can find instructions on how to create static DHCP leases here http://wiki.securifi.com/index.php?title=Static_IP_address_lease_-_Almond%2B_2014
That should at least solve one of your problems.

Offline djrumour

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2015, 12:41:57 pm »
Update:
Did port forwarding for At&T that did not fix the problem, I still have intermittent loss of network (say 2-3 times in 6 hours)

Sonos issue: I turned off the 5 ghz network, seems to have fixed the problem will keep on checking.... my iphone 5s was connecting to the 5 ghz network and the sonos was connecting to the 2.4 ghz network hence i think the app was not able to find the sonos on the same network ID/password but different freq. never had this problem with my previous dual band router...any fix so that i can use both bands.

Separate note: GE link bulbs brightness setting in the app starts with 200% and will not stay at dimmed position in the app, but the bulb stay dim and also the LED bulb flickers when i dim it.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 12:54:55 pm by djrumour »

Offline dustintodd

• Peanut
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2015, 12:24:02 pm »
My Magicjack adapter keeps losing connectivity also. There is some commonality here - we just have to find it.

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 21 queries.