Choose style:

Author Topic: creating a bridge in uverse?  (Read 2861 times)

Offline blandry186

• Peanut
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
creating a bridge in uverse?
« on: March 31, 2015, 09:40:40 am »
I am not sure if anyone can help me with this topic however we have AT&T Uverse in the house.  I have installed the almond plus and turned off the att wireless radio.  Uverse has features that you can take advantage of when you are in the home network like watching shows on your tablet or phone, remote control the dvr with your phone, etc.  You need to be in the home network, however.  When i am connected wireless via almond, its in a separate network from uverse therefore I cannot use those features.  Is there anyway to forward the uverse into the almond plus so that it is one big network instead of two?  Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Offline d.kiran

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: creating a bridge in uverse?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 11:44:15 am »
Hi. I have uverse and I have done something similar. BHow exactly is your connection setup ? Can you tell me the connection to the Almond ? Wired or Wireless extender ? The TV set top box connected via ethernet or coaxial ?

Offline bwainscott

• Backer
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 12:19:47 pm »
I have uverse also.  I left the uverse radio on, and use that as my guest network.  I know the A+ has a guest feature, but with guests connecting to the uverse, I KNOW they are "outside" my home network, as everything else is connected to the A+.  If you did this you could switch your phone/tablet to the uverse wireless when you want to use those features.

Amritendu

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 01:40:49 pm »
@blandry186, what you are looking for is very much possible. You need the Almond+ in the same subnet so its DHCP needs to be disabled (to be in the same network). If you have the unit connected hard wired to the uverse gateway, used A+ in the AP mode. It would also work the same way in Range Extender mode.

Offline d.kiran

• Backer
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2015, 11:46:03 am »
@Amritendu. Does this impact the potential performance ? Before I used Almond, anytime I connected more than 8 devices, the AT&T router would slow down extensively. Would the AT&T router being the DHCP server for the now 18 IP devices in my home cause performance issues ?

LGNilsson

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2015, 03:32:45 am »
It could if they have a weak processor in it, but issuing DHCP addresses shouldn't cause it to slow down. The slow-down might occur if you're using all 18 devices at once though, but as long as it's only a handful, it should be fine.

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 17 queries.