bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Link Bulbs/Dimming w/App  (Read 3859 times)

Offline xtbs26

• Chestnut
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Link Bulbs/Dimming w/App
« on: March 31, 2015, 01:52:24 pm »
I had previously paired two GE Link bulbs and use them with the app no issues, including dimming. Today I paired an additional four of the same bulbs. No issues with pairing them and getting them to show up, however, I cannot dim them with the app. They dim from the web UI and the router UI, but when I try to dim with the app they just go back to 100% and I get a "cannot communicate" error. On and off work but not dimming. 

Offline devi

• Securifi Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Link Bulbs/Dimming w/App
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 08:35:38 pm »
Please send me the email with which you signed up and also send logs from the almond, after you get the 'cannot comm' error when tried to dim from the app.

Offline rldreams

• Beta Testers
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 04:27:39 pm »
I want to +1 this one.

Some of my GE bulbs are working fine, a couple others keep reverting to 99% regardless of what they are set at, and 1 is "stuck" at 44%. Changing brightness through web gives the "please refresh and retry" popup, and the app just says it can not connect (even though it did set it to the proper level) and shows as 99%/44% respectively.
In the app they will as off 99%, until I make a change. So if they are on and I want to turn them off, I need to 1 change the brightness ,wait for the app to update,( even if it updates to 99% ), then hit it again to shut them off. Then if lying in bed, check the camera feeds, to make sure all the lights downstairs are in fact off.

Offline xtbs26

• Chestnut
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2015, 07:04:10 am »
Exactly. I have 2 that work fine and four with the dimming issue. I even moved one that worked to the fixture where the ones that don't work are located to see if that had something to do with it. No dice, it still worked after moving it.

Offline xtbs26

• Chestnut
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2015, 05:12:51 pm »
OK, I reset all the offending bulbs and deleted them from the Almond. Then I re-paired them one by one and they all work now.

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 20 queries.

bottleneck