Choose style:

Author Topic: R070as ... upon after start-up the whole unit freezes. can not hard reset  (Read 2525 times)

Offline erikboehringer

• Peanut
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
after rebooting with R070as firmware was installed by the auto upgrade feature my almond+ (configured in repeater mode, but unable to connect) the unit completely freezes on the default LCD screen.

everything is unresponsive..even the hard reset button on top of the unit.

its as if the unit is completely bricked and 100% un-usable.

how do i fix this? i have never ever run into this issue.

i do not care about any configurations or sensors that i have added. i am willing to completely wipe to factory defaults (which i have tried with the hard reset button, but that does not even respond!)

PLEASE HELP!  :'( :'( :'(

Offline erikboehringer

• Peanut
disabling the repeater mode REALLY quickly has 'unfrozen' the unit for the time being.

i am hoping the NEW firmware fixes this issue, whatever it was.

for some reason i could not connect in repeater mode even though i did not change ANY settings after the firmware update.

Offline erikboehringer

• Peanut
also, i am unable to upgrade from R070 to R072 from the LCD.....the unit says that everything is up to date.

Offline erikboehringer

• Peanut
20/40mhz changes while in repeater mode are not recommended with R070....it completely locks up

Offline joltdude

• Backer
If you can log into the web UI..... (get the passwords from the prerequisite touchpanel ui after setting up in ROUTER mode with no connection)
If you can't... try holding down the reset again (if its still booted up) for 10sec... and you might get it to reset.. hopefully youll get a dialog box and it will reboot.. if not... (assuming you released the reset and youve waited a bit (seriously 15-20 min ).. unplug the power and let it reboot... it will take longer than usual if its successful...

Grab the wifi password...
Grab the IP for the securifi as a router (10.10 something)
Grab the admin password...

Id do two things..
Reinstall/upgrade the OS from a file (so use the newest one you have if possible)... make sure Keep settings is UNCHECKED...
after Id come back and do a reset to defaults (not sure if the second was necessary but i did it)

Unplugged and replugged router after it was alll finished... and then ran the setup wizard and was in business...
DID NOT touch any wireless settings even though i have an AC device im repeating...

So far its been up for a few days...

Then.. I tried the LCD UI to perform an OS update.. clicked it and it just worked....
-J

« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 08:51:53 am by joltdude »

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 22 queries.

bottleneck