Choose style:

Author Topic: R072 - Dimmer state is not updated in Almond+ when using manual override.  (Read 2599 times)

Offline sfalc

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
When I manually turn on or off my plug-in switches the state of the switch is updated on the Almond+.
This is necessary since otherwise the reported state in Web and App can be different from reality.
When I manually turn on or off my dimmer switches the state information is not updated.
I use Everspring AD142 dimmers.   
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 12:34:53 pm by sfalc »
Almond+ with 2 dimmer switches, 2 binary on/off switches, 1 Qubino Flush dimmer, 1 Aeontec micro dimmer, 1 Fibaro Dimmer 2, 1 Lightify RGBW bulb, 2 Lightify Flex RGBW Led strip, 1 WeMo Bulb, 1 Fibaro magnetic door sensor, Vision PIR & temperature sensor.

Offline fillibar

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
This happens with the Linear WD500Z dimmer switches also do you are not alone on needing this. It is an area that needs a little work in general. Although to me it is a good sign that it is cross-product. That means it is not something "weird" with mine, just some not yet completed.
Almond 3 mesh handling the home.

Offline sfalc

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Yeah, the bi-directionality of Z-Wave and Zigbee is one of the major selling points over 433MHz standards.
It would be a major drawback if that isn't consistently implemented (in due course, naturally)
Almond+ with 2 dimmer switches, 2 binary on/off switches, 1 Qubino Flush dimmer, 1 Aeontec micro dimmer, 1 Fibaro Dimmer 2, 1 Lightify RGBW bulb, 2 Lightify Flex RGBW Led strip, 1 WeMo Bulb, 1 Fibaro magnetic door sensor, Vision PIR & temperature sensor.

Offline fillibar

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
True but you do run into some problems with simple sensors (ZigBee or Z-Wave) where they do not "respond" to requests. They only push a status on a change or a regular basis. So there is no way to check them otherwise.
Almond 3 mesh handling the home.

LGNilsson

Bi-directional communication is working fine. The issue is that some sensors send the wrong values and there isn't much we can do about that, since we don't make the devices. We're checking the Everspring dimmer, as we should have one somewhere.

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 18 queries.