Choose style:

Author Topic: Firmware update of peanut plug fails  (Read 6274 times)

Offline frunobulax

• Acorn
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Firmware update of peanut plug fails
« on: April 04, 2015, 10:22:07 am »
Has anyone else encountered this issue?

The out-of-box peanut plug pairs with the almond+ and can be controlled from there, as well as from a web browser using connect.securifi.com. It's disabled in the iOS app, which I gather from some cursory reading is a firmware issue.

The rub is that almond+ indicates that a firmware upgrade is available for the peanut plug and will initiate the upgrade; however it fails either with the message "Upgrade failed" or by stalling at 0% and then flashing "Upgrade failed." I've reset the sensor; removed all sensors and re-added; and so on. No joy.

Amritendu

Re: Firmware update of peanut plug fails
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2015, 11:14:12 am »
Public release of Peanut firmware is not available yet. Currently the device would only work as a binary switch with on/off functions. Once the public update is available, you would be able to update and energy readings along with binary function would work.

Offline frunobulax

• Acorn
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2015, 01:52:58 pm »
Thanks for your quick reply. Just to clarify: The device is indicating that beta releases are available, as well as public releases? If so, should we expect to have to check in here in the forums or elsewhere on securifi to know when the indicated update is actually public? Thanks.

LGNilsson

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2015, 02:08:03 am »
The first firmware update and hopefully the last, for the Peanut plug is expected to be released within the next 24h.

Offline johnnyprivate

• Peanut
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2015, 07:57:41 am »
That sounds great Lars.  Any idea when we'll see the Peanut being sold on Amazon?  I'd like to buy some more.

LGNilsson

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2015, 09:40:28 am »
Not sure, I know they're working on finalizing the retail packaging though, so I guess it'll be as soon as we're done with that, getting them packed up and shipped.

Offline matt

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2015, 01:21:33 pm »
The first firmware update and hopefully the last, for the Peanut plug is expected to be released within the next 24h.

Great to hear. Looking forward to testing it out (and comparing to my kill-a-watt).

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 21 queries.

bottleneck