Choose style:

Author Topic: Public wifi for an RV  (Read 4065 times)

Offline subcook

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Public wifi for an RV
« on: September 25, 2014, 10:40:58 pm »
So I purchased an Almond for use while the wife and I full-time in an RV.  The idea was that all of our devices would not need to be reconfigured at each stop we make, just always make the almond's transmitted wifi the same.  The RV park I am at now requires the individual to enter an Access Code (assigned by the office) when you first login in on a browser page.  It does not appear that this is going to be possible.  Perhaps something with admin tools and MAC address cloning?

Any ideas?

Amritendu

Re: Public wifi for an RV
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2014, 11:38:33 am »
Honestly, Almond as Range Extender might not work too well with open/public Wi-Fi s for a number of reasons. One is obviously some public hotspots have encrypted network that prevents extenders to connect, hence limiting over usage of free bandwidth. For the other type which requires a sign in through a browser, Almond Extender won't work for the simple reason, it does not have any inbuilt browser.

Offline HachTee

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Public wifi for an RV
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2015, 03:01:15 pm »
Just wondering if, for future upgrade, if allowing almond setup via a PC plugged into the almond Ethernet would solve this proble.. I too wanted to use my almond in a campground and not have to connect all my devices each time. Especially my media player, which also foesn't have a browser.
Just a suggestion.

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 21 queries.