bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Almond+ keeps switching OFF  (Read 4157 times)

Offline rajupp

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Almond+ keeps switching OFF
« on: September 19, 2014, 02:56:59 pm »
This is extremely annoying and something which has made my Almond+ completely unusable. The router automatically switches off randomly (can be minutes/hours). I initially thought it's something to do with loose connection, so tried tightening the power cable multiple times without any success. Every time I switch off and switch back on, it powers on the router. Either the power cable or the unit itself is faulty. Please help.

Offline tastewar1

• Backer
Re: Almond+ keeps switching OFF
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 04:04:57 pm »
I had a similar problem. My theory was heat, but a forum reply here suggested a software issue they were working on. However, when I turned the unit upside down (it had been lying on its back, which is not the suggested orientation!, and I turned it face down to better ventilate) the problem stopped occurring.

LGNilsson

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 11:39:27 pm »
This is extremely annoying and something which has made my Almond+ completely unusable. The router automatically switches off randomly (can be minutes/hours). I initially thought it's something to do with loose connection, so tried tightening the power cable multiple times without any success. Every time I switch off and switch back on, it powers on the router. Either the power cable or the unit itself is faulty. Please help.

Please email [suspicious]support@securifi.com[/suspicious] so we can try to help sort this out or issue a replacement.

Offline rajupp

• Backer
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2014, 12:38:05 pm »
I have done that. Posted on forums to know if it's an isolated issue or not

Offline eleven29

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2014, 02:09:54 pm »
I'm having the exact same problem ever since I set mine up (finally picked it up from customs yesterday). It switches off arbitrarily and this morning I wasn't even able to turn it back on before letting it cool down for a couple of hours.

So naturally I thought it was heat related as I have my network stuff stowed away in a cabinet. So I hooked up the old router, took the almond+ out and placed it on my desk, powered on but unconnected and wifi turned off, just to see what would happen without any load or heat buildup.  It stayed alive considerably longer but eventually switched itself off again, even though it hardly felt warm to the touch. A quick power cycling was able to revive it this time, however.

I'll email support as well but thought I'd let you know that you're not alone.

LGNilsson

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2014, 11:46:03 pm »
We're working on trying to figure out what's going on with these units, as it's only affecting a small amount of units. We'll of course arrange for a replacement, since this shouldn't be happening.

Offline spooky123

• Backer
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2015, 12:08:20 pm »
I know this is an older thread but was there ever resolution to this power off issue??

I have been running R065 through R070as firmwares without any problems, but with my recent upgrade to R072 I have this power off issue (among other issues)....

Offline spooky123

• Backer
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2015, 01:20:11 pm »
I just started experiencing this issue with R072 and Ashok from Securifi support had me change the screen timeout to 999999. This didn't seem to work immediately but has seemed to keep the device on for the last day or so. So if anyone else still has this issue, might be something to try at least temporarily

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 21 queries.