Choose style:

Author Topic: Limited Functions in iOS 8..3 (12F61) Beta  (Read 7209 times)

Offline USMarineNCO

• Acorn
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Limited Functions in iOS 8..3 (12F61) Beta
« on: April 08, 2015, 08:58:17 am »
Good Morning,

I am an iOS Beta Tester for iPhone and iPad.  I recently purchased an Almond+ and love the device.  The concept of integrating my home automation with my wireless router is genius!  I have been a long time Wink user, and was just tired of it's limited abilities and constant issues. 

I have successfully paired multiple zWave devices and my Philips Hue bulbs to the Almond+, however in the iOS app I have very limited functionality. 

1.  Philips Hue bulbs can be turned on and off, but I get no color controls or dim capability.  On my android device, all these functions are available.
2.  My Kwikset 910 deadbolts paired successfully, however I have no control over them.  I can't lock or unlock.  I get the "Could not update sensor" notification in the app.  To date I have removed and re-added.  I have put fresh batteries in them and done everything I can think of to do.  I have tested functionality on an Android device as well as the web browser, but none of them seem to actually operate the lock mechanisms.

After the above 2 issues, I've held off pairing any additional devices like switches and plugs.  I did load the Almond+ app on an iPad I have that is not on iOS 8.3 beta, but I get the same results. 

iPhone = iPhone 6 iOS 8.3 beta 4.
iPad = iPad Air 2 - iOS 8.1.2
Android = Galaxy S3 (I believe it's on Jelly Bean)
Web Browser = Used Chrome, Firefox and IE11
Almond+ = AP2-R072-L009-W016-ZW016-ZB005

Thanks for taking the time to read, and hopefully shed some light on the issues! 

Offline devi

• Securifi Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Limited Functions in iOS 8..3 (12F61) Beta
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2015, 09:20:07 am »
Is the Kwikset 910 deadbolts working from LCD? IOS will have hue color support in the next release.

Offline USMarineNCO

• Acorn
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2015, 10:02:41 am »
Devi,

It does not work from the LCD on the Almond+.  They worked perfectly on my Wink hub.

And...great news...when do you guys expect to release the next update to give use all color support?  I love the look of the interface on the iDevices!
You guys are doing great things!!!!

Carl

Offline d.kiran

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2015, 11:09:25 am »
Hi. I have Kwikset 910 and Kwikset 912. Both pair and work from App and Web UI. 912 is not very reliable. However, 910 works pretty well.

Offline USMarineNCO

• Acorn
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2015, 02:24:50 pm »
d.kiran,

What is your mobile platform?  I tried it on Android and iOS and couldn't get the functions working for the locks.  I paired them with no issue, but actually controlling them was another story.  I couldn't lock/unlock from the GUI or the Web Interface either.

Carl

Offline utrph77004

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2015, 06:52:53 pm »
According to the "call for beta testers for iOS App" I was allegedly added by Lars, but I never received an email invite.

:-[

I even searched my spam folder.  The thread is now closed to responses.

sinclairday

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2015, 12:47:00 am »
According to the "call for beta testers for iOS App" I was allegedly added by Lars, but I never received an email invite.

:-[

I even searched my spam folder.  The thread is now closed to responses.

If you send me you send me your email address I can double check that it has been added to TestFlight.

It seems some invitations have been eaten by spam filters or other goblins, and when this happens it's not clear how to force Apple to re-send an invitation.

sinclairday

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2015, 12:51:39 am »
1.  Philips Hue bulbs can be turned on and off, but I get no color controls or dim capability.  On my android device, all these functions are available.
2.  My Kwikset 910 deadbolts paired successfully, however I have no control over them.  I can't lock or unlock.  I get the "Could not update sensor" notification in the app.  To date I have removed and re-added.  I have put fresh batteries in them and done everything I can think of to do.  I have tested functionality on an Android device as well as the web browser, but none of them seem to actually operate the lock mechanisms.

Only on/off for Hue is supported right now. Full control over colors will be in the next release. It's working rather nicely right now, I can say.

For Kwikset 910, can you tap on the sensor name label and tell me what it shows please.

Offline USMarineNCO

• Acorn
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2015, 02:25:00 pm »
For Kwikset 910, can you tap on the sensor name label and tell me what it shows please.

Matthew,

It states "Unable to update sensor"...  It's added and shows in the app on my iPhone as well as my Android devices.  It also shows on the web interface and the router itself. 

I would love to be on the iOS app beta test group.  Being an iOS Beta Tester I have two devices that are always on the latest beta build as long as my primary phone which is always on the latest full release.

Carl

(USMarineNCO@gmail.com is my email for Apple ID)

Offline d.kiran

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2015, 10:02:29 pm »
Hi. I am using ios. I checked on my phone and ipad and it works from Web UI as well.

I believe there are two versions of Kwikset 910, the zigbee one and z-wave one. Which one do you have ?

sinclairday

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2015, 10:09:38 pm »
Matthew,

It states "Unable to update sensor"...  It's added and shows in the app on my iPhone as well as my Android devices.  It also shows on the web interface and the router itself. 

I would love to be on the iOS app beta test group.  Being an iOS Beta Tester I have two devices that are always on the latest beta build as long as my primary phone which is always on the latest full release.

Carl

(USMarineNCO@gmail.com is my email for Apple ID)

What I meant was, tap on the actual name of the sensor, which is in the long rectangular box right of the icon. Tapping on the icon will send a lock/unlock command to the sensor, but tapping on the name will reveal some information that will be useful to me.

Offline USMarineNCO

• Acorn
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2015, 09:55:20 am »
What I meant was, tap on the actual name of the sensor, which is in the long rectangular box right of the icon. Tapping on the icon will send a lock/unlock command to the sensor, but tapping on the name will reveal some information that will be useful to me.

Matthew,

On the iOS app if I tap on the name of the lock it says "5_DoorLock"

I believe there are two versions of Kwikset 910, the zigbee one and z-wave one. Which one do you have ?

Kwikset 910 Z-Wave SmartCode Electronic Deadbolt featuring SmartKey in Venetian Bronze

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004EKOPOE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 16 queries.