Choose style:

Author Topic: Loving my Almond+  (Read 3622 times)

Offline jmonty

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Loving my Almond+
« on: January 12, 2016, 06:07:01 pm »
With the latest firmware release (which at this time is R83) I find that I'm very happy with my Almond+. A lot of the features I wanted are finally in place and it makes me look forward to the next update. Maybe sunset/sunrise rules soon?  :D

I know a lot of us tend to post to the forum only when we're having troubles, but I hope forum members will respond here if they're happy with their Almond+ (and why).

Offline SecureComp

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Loving my Almond+
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2016, 10:21:42 am »
My Almond+ and those I have installed for friends and family, are working well as routers, WiFi Access Points and Home Automation Hubs.  The enhanced capabilities provided in R83, specifically Scenes and additional features of Rules, have added to the usefulness of the product.

We have not experienced the hardware issues or WiFi issues reported by some.  Overall we are satisfied with the product.

It should be noted that features promised during the Kickstarter Campaign were a long time in coming and some promised features e.g. IPv6 have not been delivered. By and large these have not been "deal breakers" but rather, disappointing. IPv6 is not a requirement of our local ISP's and has not impacted the utility or functionality of the device.

The ability to develop binaries and now the web socket interface, are of great use for even our limited implementations. The DIY aspect of the Almond+ is one of the reasons it was selected.

Overall the families very much like having the touchscreen interface to disable WiFi networks manually. (say when the kids have been online too much) The weather and time info is constantly displayed.  The integration of the home security system is also enjoyed and used.  The most recent versions of the Apps are very popular with the families, especially the Scene functions for controlling lighting scenarios.
Kickstarter Backer
Securifi Wiki Editor and Beta Tester, Not a Securifi employee
Almond+, many sensors, IOS App, Android Apps and Widgets

Offline Baldo

• Chestnut
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2016, 02:33:54 pm »
I would be loving mine more if I could interface it with my DSC alarm. at this point I'm searching for systems compatible with the options I need. I'm still hoping we will get some support for some mainstream items but not holding my breath.

Offline Shazster

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2016, 06:51:56 pm »
Overall very pleased. Liked the concept enough to buy an Almond 2015 as an extender/repeater for my Almond+ network.
It has some "...but"s...but they are far outweighed by the overall ease of deployment and management. (And what consumer router have you come across that doesn't?). Support on this forum site is active and responsive.
So far so good.

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 18 queries.