Choose style:

Author Topic: Sprinkler Controller  (Read 7277 times)

Offline Cogs

• Beta Testers
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Sprinkler Controller
« on: April 14, 2015, 08:23:59 pm »
love to see support for a sprinkler timer/controller such as Smartenit's 3016 Sprinkler Controller (Zigbee). http://smartenit.com/product/rainbee16/

Offline jamenlang

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Sprinkler Controller
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2015, 03:07:35 pm »
i think i need this.
3x Cree connected bulbs - mostly working, some toggle failures using the app; Monoprice PIR - working, waiting for temperature rules;  Trane Thermostat - working; Linear T500Z - working; 3x GE outlets - working; Aeon G2 micro switch, working.

Offline Cogs

• Beta Testers
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2015, 05:45:41 pm »
Agreed!

Offline fillibar

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2015, 06:03:08 pm »
Heck, who needs it for a sprinkler/irrigation system? With something able to handle the outputs you could control 16 different things.
Almond 3 mesh handling the home.

Offline jamenlang

• Backer
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2015, 10:34:54 am »
16 different things... that are all conveniently hard wired to the same physical location and require 24 volts... like a sprinkler system.
3x Cree connected bulbs - mostly working, some toggle failures using the app; Monoprice PIR - working, waiting for temperature rules;  Trane Thermostat - working; Linear T500Z - working; 3x GE outlets - working; Aeon G2 micro switch, working.

Offline fillibar

• Backer
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2015, 11:03:14 am »
True. The big problem I see is that it would be 24vAC... Not as convenient in my book as landscape lights are typically 12v. But there are sirens... Or use 24vAC triggered relays to drive other things.

Usage example (non sprinkler):
So take an aquarium system where you want changing flow effects and use the valves to direct return flow to and from different areas to simulate ebb and flow (especially on a reef). Use a siren for alarm purposes. Sure there is other stuff...
Almond 3 mesh handling the home.

Offline Square Cherry

• Backer
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2016, 11:44:59 pm »
Does this product currently work with the Almond+?

I'm trying to find a sprinkler/irrigation controller that is Almond+ compatible—and I'm not having any luck. The Spruce (formerly Eve) irrigation system looked like it was initially going for Almond+ compatibility, but it went for SmartThings instead (a FAQ on the Spruce website states that compatibility with other gateways is not guaranteed and probably wouldn't be ideal anyway).

Any suggestions?

Has anyone tried the Smartenit Rainbee controller originally mentioned in this thread?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 11:53:20 pm by Square Cherry »
Andrew

Offline d.kiran

• Backer
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2016, 11:41:43 pm »
Are you looking for just On/Off via Almond+. I have felt that with some purpose built devices, it is better to have smarts on their own. I have a Rachio and that does a good job of working with the weather and soil and run offs and seasonal adjustments to ensure that my lawn is kept watered while minimizing wastage. I don't think you can get that level of smarts with Almond+ or generally any HA platform.

Similarly for Nest, you lose a lot of the inbuilt "smartness" by using another HA controller.

Offline mparadis

• Backer
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2017, 10:14:41 am »
The Spruce looks nice but I doubt it will work without Securifi working with them to specifically develop the integration, which would be nice. http://spruceirrigation.com/

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 21 queries.