Choose style:

Author Topic: Does A+ support any outdoor PIR Motion Sensors?  (Read 4646 times)

Offline Ab

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Does A+ support any outdoor PIR Motion Sensors?
« on: April 19, 2015, 05:58:29 pm »
I'm looking for a motion sensor for outdoor use and do not see any in the approved list. As it is there are few I can find for outdoor use! Has anyone used an outdoor motion sensor with the A+ successfully? If so what make/model and issues if any with setting up rules / scenes will be helpful.

If you have used an indoor sensor outdoors, that will help too!

Nice to have: I may be shooting way off target, but if A+ supports Camera motion sensing that would great +++, since camera motion can potentially trigger an alarm so why not trigger the lights!!!
Lars: Does A+ have this in sights in the near future?

Offline Ohiomedic

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Does A+ support any outdoor PIR Motion Sensors?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2015, 06:22:49 pm »
I have used the Monoprice.com sensor outside without a problem. It is under an overhang though. I know some people have sealed theirs with silicone caulking to keep water out. Only rule I'm using at the time is for it to turn on outside lights upon motion. Haven't had to any problems with it except it seems to show as tampered every so often even though it hasn't. The aeotec multisensor is rated for outdoors as long as you install it with the humidity sensor pointing down. I have one of those also it pairs fine, and shows motion I haven't installed it anywhere yet though. They both also show the temp. on the LCD screen only at this point, so no rules for it yet. As for light and humidity on the multisensor they are not supported yet.

Also see this thread.
http://forum.securifi.com/index.php/topic,3104.0.html
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 06:25:19 pm by Ohiomedic »

Offline Ab

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Does A+ support any outdoor PIR Motion Sensors?
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2015, 02:27:46 pm »
Thanks Ohiomedic .. I'll probably give this a shot. I was hoping there was a weatherized version available coz at some point cheaper plastic housing is bound to give way to the elements! Sealing it in with silicon may be the way to go for now. Thanks!

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 20 queries.

bottleneck