Choose style:

Author Topic: Status update about development of support for 3rd party sensors  (Read 5286 times)

LGNilsson

Status update about development of support for 3rd party sensors
« on: November 06, 2014, 01:35:02 am »
Just to let you guys know, we're putting development of support for new 3rd party sensors on hold for the time being.
The reason for this is that we're going to focus on getting the automation done first, as it's something we believe is more important to get done as quickly as possible.
It doesn't mean we won't be supporting new devices moving forward, it just means that until the automation is done, it's not a priority.
I just want you guys to be aware of this so you don't think we're ignoring requests for sensor support.

Offline fobmob

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Status update about development of support for 3rd party sensors
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2014, 10:25:40 am »
Hi Lars,

I'm still that guy with a permanently covered roof window high up in his bed room, holding off on clicking the "buy" button of any roller/blind shutter controller for sale out there. Just so you know :)

If there's a list of "things that'll definitely be supported in the future", it would be great to post it.

Thanks,

Nicolas

LGNilsson

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2014, 12:31:00 am »
The only one I know we have, which we'll be adding support for at some point, is Fibaro. As for when it'll be supported, I'm not sure, but I've asked that we focus on supporting all the Fibaro products we have once we go back to working on this at a full time capacity again.

Offline hilo90mhz

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2014, 05:47:07 am »
Would it be possible to hire a new person just to work on adding support for new devices? Seems like this will be a critical long term need if you guys are serious about the smart home market. I'm still waiting patiently to be able to turn my Cooper 9540 light switches on and off remotely ;) cheers!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 05:49:36 am by hilo90mhz »

LGNilsson

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2014, 07:24:13 am »
We have, but there's a bit of a learning curve... in fact, we've hired a lot of new people, but they're only just now starting to be able to contribute.
This is as I mentioned, only temporary, as right now, automation is something we need to get working before we start adding a ton of more things, regardless of there being somewhat lacking support for a lot of things.

LGNilsson

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2015, 11:01:34 pm »
Post closed as development for third party sensors has been continued.

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 21 queries.