bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Linear WD500Z-1 Switch  (Read 4868 times)

Offline jnowland

• Beta Testers
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Linear WD500Z-1 Switch
« on: April 25, 2015, 10:19:43 pm »
After updating to the 72 firmware, I wasn't able to operate my Linear switches via a rule. I removed the switches and re-added them, but they do not even respond via the A+ UI, nor the rules. When I re-added them, I noticed that I was asked to choose what type of switch I was adding, multilevel, roller someting or another, and other.  Anyway,  does anyone know if these switches are still supported? Strange because I can operate the switches via the app, just not on the A+ U,  which explains why the rules don't work. Anyone have any suggestions?

Offline fillibar

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Linear WD500Z-1 Switch
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2015, 12:02:07 am »
Mine are still working. Not sure what would be causing the problem if you were able to add them AND control them via the App... very strange.

Reboot?
Almond 3 mesh handling the home.

Offline jnowland

• Beta Testers
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2015, 11:06:38 am »
After much troubleshooting, I discovered that I can turn in the switches via the Web UI only by using the dimming arrow and not by pressing on or off.  On the rule, I noticed that in part of the rule where I had the light, which was turned on by motion subsequently turned off after 180 seconds,  the 180 part somehow dropped off. Thereby the switch was seeing the off command right after the turn on command,  messing the whole thing up. It took a whil,  but I finally got it fixed.

Offline fillibar

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2015, 12:11:04 pm »
Good point... If someone is having trouble it is good to check their Rules (if any) also... Something everyone should keep in mind.
Almond 3 mesh handling the home.

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 22 queries.