bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: 4.2 released  (Read 7524 times)

Offline rldreams

• Beta Testers
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
4.2 released
« on: May 28, 2015, 03:35:49 pm »
I just got a notice to update app to 4.2. Is this supposed to fix some of the things that 0.76 broke on A+, or is this just an unrelated app update ?

Offline xtbs26

• Chestnut
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: 4.2 released
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2015, 07:22:19 pm »
Is that Android or IOS? I do not have that update available on my Android devices.

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2015, 10:38:31 am »
@ xtbs26,

It is the Andriod update, we released two updates in just one day difference to resolve the issues with crashing. Please go to the settings on your phone and check the Almond App version, if it is showing you version 4.2 that is the latest one.

Offline xtbs26

• Chestnut
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2015, 10:42:32 am »
I am on 4.2. So we are still waiting on the fix for the GE bulbs then?

Offline mr23

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2015, 08:20:42 pm »
In 4.2, one of my lamps says "ON, DIMMABLE 1%" no matter what percentage it is set to.
Each selection on the slider bar to set illumination immediately changes the light level, but says "Updating sensor data. Please wait" and freezes the input for about 15 seconds.
Another says "ON, DIMMABLE 99%", no matter what percentage it is set to. It took about 15 seconds once. On another try I stopped waiting after a minute for it to unfreeze and remove the wait message.
A third lamp says "ON, DIMMABLE 21%" no matter what. It takes about 15 seconds each time.
Two of 4 lamps say OFF, event through they are ON. This is despite changing illumination levels, while lamp is on. Hitting them to ON 'does nothing', but 'stays' ON in the App. The hitting OFF, ON it stays in sync.
My SmartACSwitch also takes 10-15 seconds before clearing the wait message.
My Keyfobs don't update the App display.
I'm on R072.
I logged into https://connect.securifi.com/home via web browser on a PC.
I hit the keyfobs repeatedly, then they started updating on connect.securifi on the PC browser, and on the App on my tablet.
Then the cloud went red X on my tablet and said to check my network connection. Amazon let me do a store operation, so net is up. Cloud still red X. I hit the red X cloud and it refreshed and cleared.
My lamp illumination level slider changes still take 15 seconds to clear the wait, and return the display to the 'fixed' value (1,99,21).
By the way, turning a lamp on or off via the icon switch on the app does work immediately and doesn't wait, app returns to usual display without along timeout.
The lamp notification logs show almost all ON, OFF events just a couple of 1% or 99% illumination level changes, despite all of the level choices being anywhere from ~10% to 75%.

Offline mr23

• Backer
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2015, 08:45:43 pm »
My keyfobs are intermittently being detected, not reliable. Sometimes one or both will make changes in the A+'network', sometimes only 1, sometimes neither. Oddly, 1 will be 'reliable' for a few minutes, then the other one will be. Then neither. I haven't moved, one in each hand, a few inches apart, or arms length. When they are detected, the update is quick to all displays. I'm 15 feet away. I move to within 5 feet, they work reliably. I move back to former location, they still work reliably. I wait a minute to type that last, then hit them and the display is slower to update, then operates quickly.

On my HTC Sensation, the app 4.2 crashed once. It shows the same percentages. Another thing I tried here, with lamp off, and app showing off, I turned it on by selecting a level (64%). Lamp went on, app showed the percentage, said to wait, after waiting 15 seconds or so, it left the lamp on but updated the display in the App that the lamp was Off.

In 4.2, one of my lamps says "ON, DIMMABLE 1%" no matter what percentage it is set to.
Each selection on the slider bar to set illumination immediately changes the light level, but says "Updating sensor data. Please wait" and freezes the input for about 15 seconds.
Another says "ON, DIMMABLE 99%", no matter what percentage it is set to. It took about 15 seconds once. On another try I stopped waiting after a minute for it to unfreeze and remove the wait message.
A third lamp says "ON, DIMMABLE 21%" no matter what. It takes about 15 seconds each time.
Two of 4 lamps say OFF, event through they are ON. This is despite changing illumination levels, while lamp is on. Hitting them to ON 'does nothing', but 'stays' ON in the App. The hitting OFF, ON it stays in sync.
My SmartACSwitch also takes 10-15 seconds before clearing the wait message.
My Keyfobs don't update the App display.
I'm on R072.
I logged into https://connect.securifi.com/home via web browser on a PC.
I hit the keyfobs repeatedly, then they started updating on connect.securifi on the PC browser, and on the App on my tablet.
Then the cloud went red X on my tablet and said to check my network connection. Amazon let me do a store operation, so net is up. Cloud still red X. I hit the red X cloud and it refreshed and cleared.
My lamp illumination level slider changes still take 15 seconds to clear the wait, and return the display to the 'fixed' value (1,99,21).
By the way, turning a lamp on or off via the icon switch on the app does work immediately and doesn't wait, app returns to usual display without along timeout.
The lamp notification logs show almost all ON, OFF events just a couple of 1% or 99% illumination level changes, despite all of the level choices being anywhere from ~10% to 75%.

Offline mr23

• Backer
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2015, 11:19:31 pm »
A few hours later, after no 'settings' activity, I tried the keyfobs, and my phone plus the connect.s web display updated, but my tablet app didn't. I tried a lamp setting change, it went into and stuck in wait mode, and displayed a red X cloud. After hitting the cloud, it refreshed, then the tablet app started working, as earlier (15sec waits on slider level changes). After that cloud refresh, the keyfobs weren't registering again, until after a dozen or so arm/disarm button pushes.

My keyfobs are intermittently being detected, not reliable. Sometimes one or both will make changes in the A+'network', sometimes only 1, sometimes neither. Oddly, 1 will be 'reliable' for a few minutes, then the other one will be. Then neither. I haven't moved, one in each hand, a few inches apart, or arms length. When they are detected, the update is quick to all displays. I'm 15 feet away. I move to within 5 feet, they work reliably. I move back to former location, they still work reliably. I wait a minute to type that last, then hit them and the display is slower to update, then operates quickly.

On my HTC Sensation, the app 4.2 crashed once. It shows the same percentages. Another thing I tried here, with lamp off, and app showing off, I turned it on by selecting a level (64%). Lamp went on, app showed the percentage, said to wait, after waiting 15 seconds or so, it left the lamp on but updated the display in the App that the lamp was Off.

Offline rldreams

• Beta Testers
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2015, 01:50:55 pm »
So the consensus seems to be that there is no point in updating the app, because if anything it causes more issues than it fixes.

Offline rldreams

• Beta Testers
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2015, 12:48:21 pm »
Well with misgivings, I decided to go ahead and update to 4.2 . The crash on opening is indeed fixed, but that is the only thing working. Still not reporting proper state ( how could it if A+ itself can't register the proper state ? ) .
Any attempt to trigger any sensor with app just result in " Updating sensor data , Please wait. " until it times out, then nothing.
 Even tried the force quit app, clear data and cache. Logged back in and still reading lights that are off as being on, vice versa. Triggering just hangs on "updating data" until it times out
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 12:52:34 pm by rldreams »

Offline SecureComp

• Backer
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2015, 05:53:48 pm »
The app works with my Almond+

It correctly reports door and motion sensors.

The GE Link bulb sensor are covered in another thread but generally I can control the bulbs using the dimmer slider. The on/off switch works to turn the bulb off but not on.

I have not experienced any crashing.

If I try to turn a bulb on, the sensor hangs briefly but does reconnect and dimmer slider works.
Kickstarter Backer
Securifi Wiki Editor and Beta Tester, Not a Securifi employee
Almond+, many sensors, IOS App, Android Apps and Widgets

Offline SecureComp

• Backer
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2015, 08:44:46 pm »
All of the issues I have with the GE Link bulb, I am also having with the CREE bulb.
Kickstarter Backer

Offline rldreams

• Beta Testers
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2015, 12:00:35 pm »
Just tried app for the first time off home WiFi . NOTHING WORKS.  I wound up logging into connect.securifi on phone to make sure all the lights etc. were off.
I know doors lock automatically, so I'm assuming that they are just not reporting properly since showing as unlocked on connect.securifi .

Offline SecureComp

• Backer
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2015, 09:28:51 pm »
R 80
Android App 4.2

GE Link Bulbs working correctly, report On/Off Status
Dimmable
Reports correct Dim %

CREE Bulbs
Reports On/Off Status correctly
Dim % always reset to 0%
Dimmable

First Alert Smoke Detector ZCOMBO - reports Correct Status
Utilitech Siren - reports Correct Status, able to Silence Alarm
Kickstarter Backer

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 21 queries.

bottleneck